Power Usage for iQ18 and iQ15

1. #1 by Mike Carlson on 03-01-2018

Power Usage for iQ18 and iQ15

I am trying to spec out UPS's and stage plots to provide venues so I know I have enough power to run the FoH.

Is there a guide as to how much power is consumed by each iQ18 and iQ15?

I saw something on the Turbosound site that said iQ18 is 200W @ 1/8. Does that mean it s at 1/8 power it is using 200W?

Thanks,
    --Mike
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 03-01-2018
    Ups’es should be speced at their peak power and not average power or otherwise you are in for a surprise.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Mike Carlson on 03-01-2018
    Well aware, which is why I am asking the question.
  4. #4 by Mike Carlson on 03-06-2018
    Bump.... Any ideas?
  5. #5 by Robert Lofgren on 03-07-2018
    The iq speakers will draw the listed 2500/3000W peak power on occation.

The 1/8 power is an industrial spec showing the average power being used for a specified signal during a time frame that averagegs a general music signal.

If you play EDM then 1/8 power will be a too low rating, while playing light jazz it will be a too high rating.

An ups not rated for peak power like these will switch over to battery or trigger the fuse, depending on the ups you use. This is why some ups’es have a special outlet for copiers and laser printers.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
  6. #6 by Jeffrey Bridges on 05-03-2018

IX and IQ series power

Where can I find out if I can leave my IX and IQ series speakers ON for extended periods of time?
    Or is there a way to turn them on/off remotely?
  7. #7 by Robert Lofgren on 05-03-2018
    I have two iq8 + one iq15b powered 24/7 at home. They sound great in the living room and is wife-approved™. A nice feature is the blue led label that dimly lights up the room at night so that I can avoid putting my foot on small lego pieces that might be lying around on the floor.

The speakers seems to have some kind of power-save feature that kicks in after about 5 minutes or so but they still get slightly warm. They come alive again when you send some audio to them.

As for remote controlling the power there are many options to chose from depending on your situation. If possible, try to power them on in sequence since the initial power surge from multiple speakers turning on simultaneously may trip the circuit breaker/fuse.

Oh, and they have a 10year warranty if they ever should break

Robert Lofgren
  8. #8 by Jeffrey Bridges on 05-04-2018

Power question

Many thanks for the help Robert.
    I neglected to indicate that I also have IX-12’s as well and was hoping that there was a way to turn them ON/OFF with the Bluetooth or Ultranet.
    These speakers are mounted overhead and can’t be reached without a step stool or ladder..
    I was told that myDb Technologies gear cannot be left on. Yet mt JBL gear has been ON for a year. It just goes to sleep and shows a red LED until signal is present and it turns blue.
    I just want to do the right thing. This Turbosound gear sounds geat!