B112D additional specs

1. #1 by Mario Pinna on 02-21-2018

B112D additional specs

I was wondering if the Behringer B112D had any protective mechanism in it to prevent permanent damage.

At last Saturdays gig, one of the B112D speakers that we use as a monitor emitted a loud feedback and then went silent... towards the end of the 3rd set, the second one started garbling.

Realized afterwards that both the bassist ad guitarist had the wedge pointing directly into their mics which had caused everything to clip. The next day at home, I tested both speakers and they were back to working properly.

Just wondering if this is working as designed or if there was some sort of divine intervention that occurred.....
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 02-21-2018
    As there is no dsp in those speakers the protection inside the speaker is quite basic compared to a dsp enabled speaker.

It looks like the builtin protection was able to protect your speakers...this time But you shouldn’t rely on it for similar events.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Mario Pinna on 02-21-2018
    Thanks again Robert! I sing lead and play rythm guitar/keys as well as work the sound. As such, it's hard to spot problems immediately as they occur sometimes. I only realized after it died that it was pointing right at the bassist's mic.

Glad it was able to survive this time. As you mention, I'll be more cautious from now on.

Cheers!
  4. #4 by Robert Lofgren on 02-21-2018
    This is the main reason as to why I have stopped doing sound and being the tech for my cover band quite recently.

I'm the lead singer in this band and depending on the venue and my mood I play the keyboard, percussion and/or supporting guitar. Now I can focus on the audience and my performance instead...

Since I've started to use the TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 I'm in control of my own sound and having those control buttons on the mp76 mic (which sounds really good, btw) is a blessing for me. I'm also on inears so I have no personal issues regarding monitoring either.

- Mario Pinna wrote View Post
    Thanks again Robert! I sing lead and play rythm guitar/keys as well as work the sound. As such, it's hard to spot problems immediately as they occur sometimes. I only realized after it died that it was pointing right at the bassist's mic.

Glad it was able to survive this time. As you mention, I'll be more cautious from now on.

Cheers!

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
  5. #5 by Robert Lofgren on 02-22-2018
    Btw, the difference between a mixer output (nominal +4dBu) and a mic output (nominal -50dBu) is approx. 55dB (give or take +/-10dB depending on the mic).

You can therefor expect the noice level to be at least 55dB higher from a mixer compared to a dynamic mic.

Robert Lofgren