x32 Signal Drops - HELP

1. #1 by Jeff Brooks on 02-14-2018

x32 Signal Drops - HELP

HI everyone,

We have had some signal drops over the last couple of weeks with our x32 and two s16 boxes. We still see signal input on the board but the PA and IEMs lose audio for a second. It comes right back and has been difficult to track down the root issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 02-14-2018
    Hi Jeff,

Have you checked continuity of shielding between ethercon ends of the AES50 cables? That is likely the cause of momentary drop outs. See these videos of Brian Wynn that convinced us of this issue
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3NF3AKCWs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJJBhSvagn0

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Jeff Brooks on 02-14-2018
    Paul - Thank you for the reply. Great videos!

I have heard that there is a way to pull error logs from the x32 and s16 boxes. Do you happen to know how to do that so I can see if there is some other issue with the hardware?

Thanks,

Jeff
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 02-14-2018
    - Jeff Brooks wrote View Post
    I have heard that there is a way to pull error logs from the x32 and s16 boxes. Do you happen to know how to do that so I can see if there is some other issue with the hardware?
    I'm not aware of any error logs created. Where did you hear that?

I checked Patrick's doc (https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32) and the only thing I can see are a few OSC commands that could provide any error flags.

For example, on page 61 there is the
    /-stat/aes50/state
    that returns a bitmap value with the possible values
    bit 0 = A Audio ERR
    bit 1 = B Audio ERR
    bit 2 = A Aux Err
    bit 3 = B Aux Err
    bit 4 = Lock

On page 62, there is
    /‐stat/tape/rtime
    which can provide a recording dropout count (returns a negative integer)
    Also the new X-Live card has similar error reporting OSC commands (page 68).

For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
  5. #5 by Robert Lofgren on 02-14-2018
    On the midas pro consoles there is some logging utility, but not on he x/m32.

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren