UMC22 Driver & noise issue

1. #1 by Ivo Dur„es on 02-14-2018

UMC22 Driver & noise issue

Hello to all,

A friend lend me a UMC22 interface, I have the Asio4All driver as recomended by Behringer but I have some sound issues relating a background noise, it sounds like a radio tuning in with a light "whistle" going on all the time. I tried to install the original behringer driver but it shows up the time out error (0x0005)... What can I do? That noise I guess its not normal and my Windows (7, 64bits) doesnt quite recognize the device.

cheers
  2. #2 by Ken Mitchell on 02-15-2018
    - Ivo Dur„es wrote View Post
    Hello to all,

A friend lend me a UMC22 interface, I have the Asio4All driver as recomended by Behringer but I have some sound issues relating a background noise, it sounds like a radio tuning in with a light "whistle" going on all the time. I tried to install the original behringer driver but it shows up the time out error (0x0005)... What can I do? That noise I guess its not normal and my Windows (7, 64bits) doesnt quite recognize the device.

cheers
    Hi Ivo,

Welcome to the forums. Where are you hearing the noise? While monitoring or while recording? This may help us tracking it down.

Ken

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
  3. #3 by Ivo Dur„es on 02-15-2018
    - Ken Mitchell wrote View Post
    Hi Ivo,

Welcome to the forums. Where are you hearing the noise? While monitoring or while recording? This may help us tracking it down.

Ken
    Its always there... It might be a grounding issue like a friend of mine told me.

I still cant install the original behringer driver to see if its related to that...
  4. #4 by Ken Mitchell on 02-15-2018
    Hi Ivo,

What I meant by when monitoring I meant through the headphones vs. through the USB into the computer.

Can you post a short recording of the noise? In this post you stated "it sounds like a radio tuning in with a light "whistle" going on all the time." but you also commented in another post that you have the same problem but they were talking about static/humming?

Grounding may be an issue but that should be easy to diagnose. Can you unplug everything from the inputs of the interface and see if it's still there?

As far as the original Behringer driver I only see the link to ASIO4ALL on the website. Where did you get the other driver?

Ken

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver