FX no longer being output

1. #1 by Dave Maffris on 02-10-2018

FX no longer being output

Last night, at a gig, I set up my Xenyx X2222usb mixer as usual, using both one mic going directly from a wireless transmitter for my trumpet player, and another mic for my voice, which I am running through a TC Helicon vocal box with fx. For some unknown reason, no effects are being output, either by the internal fx unit of the mixer, nor though my vocal processor. I have looked at each setting and knob and see nothing wrong or unusual or disabled. However, no matter which mic input I use and how i connect it, no effects can be output. Maybe it's something silly I have overlooked, but I've had this mixer for a few years with no problem at all, and I'm wondering if something is wrong with the mic inputs (XLR).

This is an emergency situation, I have 5 gigs coming up in the next 8 days, and I need those effects ASAP. Can anyone help? Thanks.
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 02-10-2018
    Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum. I can't help much with the TC Helicon vocal box, but might be able to help with the X2222usb. Here are a few things to check
    * Engage the Fx by pushing on the program encoder (to the right of the Fx display)
    * Just below that in the Stereo Aux Return section. Make sure the orange knob is turned up and the switch to the right is set to Main LR (up I believe).
    * Make sure the orange knob on the mic channel strip is turned up.
    * Make sure nothing is plugged into the Stereo Aux Return 3 1/4" jacks at the top.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Dave Maffris on 02-17-2018

Thanks

Thanks, Paul, I believe all of what you said is as is should be, but will check again. My TC Helicon is fine, I just had accidentlly turned off the foot switch but the effects are still not working, so I will double and triple check them again. I just think the unit has failed in this way, and is otherwise fine. I did pick up an extra reverb foot switch for my partner who needs reverb on his trumpet and it works fine, but it's a shame I cannot just dial in the internal effects like I used to. I'm afraid I might have to bring it in or seek out service for it, and I am gigging all the time right now, so it would be inconvenient at best and [possibly costly to repair. I've only had it a few years at most. Oh well. Thanks.
  4. #4 by Dave Maffris on 02-17-2018

Fixed

Hey, Paul, I feel like a dummy, but in fact, the button to send the FX to either the Main or Sub out was pressed down (thought I checked it, but I misread it and thought "down" was for main, not sub). So once I put it in the UP position, voila, effects came back. Too bad I bought that other unit, but I needed it, and maybe it's not a waste, or I can return it. My effects are back, and I'm very thankful for your assistance.
  5. #5 by Paul Vannatto on 02-17-2018
    Hi Dave,

Glad to hear that you got the effects working again.

Regarding the extra foot switch, I would suggest you hold onto it as a backup. You never know when something will fail. I have backups of most of my gear (some I have backups of backups) and they've been lifesavers when I needed them.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator