[UFX1204 / UFX1604] Is there a dedicated compressor per channel strip or?

1. #1 by Walter Shreeve on 02-05-2018

[UFX1204 / UFX1604] Is there a dedicated compressor per channel strip or?

Hi,

On the UFX1204 there are 4 channel strips and on the UFX1604 there are 8 channel strips which have the capability of applying the analog compressor to the signal of that channel strip.

I was wondering if that meant that there are 4 / 8 distinct analog compressors, or whether there was one compressor to which the signal gets sent to from the channel using the compressor knob?

Thanks in advance,
    Walter
  2. #2 by Ken Mitchell on 02-05-2018
    - Walter Shreeve wrote View Post
    Hi,

On the UFX1204 there are 4 channel strips and on the UFX1604 there are 8 channel strips which have the capability of applying the analog compressor to the signal of that channel strip.

I was wondering if that meant that there are 4 / 8 distinct analog compressors, or whether there was one compressor to which the signal gets sent to from the channel using the compressor knob?

Thanks in advance,
    Walter
    Hi Walter,

From Page 5 of the user manual (Bold/Underline mine):

COMPRESSOR

Each mono channel features a built-in compressor which lowers the dynamic range of the signal and increases its perceived loudness. The loud peaks are squashed down and the quiet sections are boosted.

Turn the COMP knob clockwise to add more compression effect. The adjacent LED with light when the e ect is engaged.

Hope this helps,
    Ken

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver