Nu12000dsp

1. #1 by Koroye Seitonkumo on 01-25-2018

Nu12000dsp

Hello All.. I am newbie.. I actually joined because I have an issue.. I have an inuke nu12000DSP that is 2days old and it protects whenever turned on. This happened in the middle of an event and I keep hearing this double click sound when it's turned on. Anyone experienced this before? Any thoughts on what I should Do?
  2. #2 by Stavros Triantafyllou on 02-01-2018
    Hello,
    Please try to turn down a little the amplifier channel knobs to lower the input volume.

As inuke dsp amps don't have an input compressor till now (hope they will hear us to give a firmware update for this) I think your input signal is too "hot" and your amp goes to protection mode.

So try again with lower input volume...
  3. #3 by Jon Goad on 02-02-2018
    Have you tried switching on the amp without anything connected to the inputs or outputs to see if the "protect" light still comes on? You could have a shorted speaker cable, or perhaps the connected impedance load of the speakers is lower than the rated load for the amp (the minimum for most amps is 2 ohms, but I typically try to stay above 4 ohms), which would be a legitimate situation where you would want the protection circuit to kick in. How many speakers do you have connected, what is their impedance, are you running stereo or bridged, etc?