Can't get my m32c to communicate with Editor on OSX

1. #1 by Diego Tejeida on 01-15-2018

Can't get my m32c to communicate with Editor on OSX

Hi there.

First post here.
    Recently bought a m32c and a s32. I'm familiar with the x32C as thats the one I normally use for monitor mixes with my band live. Thats the reason I went for this M32.

So... According to the really brief manual, I can just connect an ethernet cable from my m32 to my macbook pro. So i bought my ethernet-usb interface. and it seems to be connected to my mac. However.. The editor doesn't seem to find it!

I made sure the M32 is on the same subnet mask as my laptop. but still i just doesn't find it and the editor doesn't connect with it. Help?
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 01-15-2018
    Hi Diego,

Welcome to the forum. I always use a router between my laptop, tablets, etc. and the console (X32, X-Air or M-Air) allowing the router to setup the IP, etc. But if you want to connect directly, you may need to use a crossover cable instead of a straight cable.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Diego Tejeida on 01-15-2018
    - Paul Vannatto wrote View Post
    Hi Diego,

Welcome to the forum. I always use a router between my laptop, tablets, etc. and the console (X32, X-Air or M-Air) allowing the router to setup the IP, etc. But if you want to connect directly, you may need to use a crossover cable instead of a straight cable.

Thanks, I tried adding a router to the equation.. and it does work if I wanna use the iPad app over the wifi but for some reason it still won't connect to the OSX editor. Ive tried connecting my macbook pro to the router directly via ethernet and also connecting it via WIFI. The editor still won't "see" the m32.
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 01-15-2018
    Hi Diego,

Check the M32 that it has the latest firmware (3.08) and you are using the latest M32-Edit or X32-Edit app (3.2).

For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
  5. #5 by Diego Tejeida on 01-16-2018
    Hi Diego,

Thanks!

Check the M32 that it has the latest firmware (3.08) and you are using the latest M32-Edit or X32-Edit app (3.2).
    Yeah my M32 is not up to date. I downloaded the upgrade but have no idea how to send it to the M32. Put the installer on a usb stick (as it cannot be opened on my macbook) but have no idea how to boot it.
  6. #6 by Paul Vannatto on 01-16-2018
    Hi Diego,

* Unzip the downloaded firmware update to get the "dcp_corefs_3.08.update" file and put that in the root of the USB stick.
    * If the current firmware is 2.10 or newer, goto the Setup, global screen. In the Initialization list (left side) there will be a Firmware Update. Select that and find the update file.
    * If the current firmware is older than 2.10,
    *** shut down the M32, press and hold the USB button (beside the USB port) and turn on the console
    *** insert the USB stick. It should find the update file and upload to the console, then will reboot.

Paul Vannatto
  7. #7 by Diego Tejeida on 01-16-2018
    Hi Diego,

* Unzip the downloaded firmware update to get the "dcp_corefs_3.08.update" file and put that in the root of the USB stick.
    * If the current firmware is 2.10 or newer, goto the Setup, global screen. In the Initialization list (left side) there will be a Firmware Update. Select that and find the update file.
    * If the current firmware is older than 2.10,
    *** shut down the M32, press and hold the USB button (beside the USB port) and turn on the console
    *** insert the USB stick. It should find the update file and upload to the console, then will reboot.

Thanks, theres no usb in the unit but just a rotary button, nevertheless that did the trick.
    Thanks!