EQ for better bass from Euro Live B215XL'S ?

1. #1 by Andrew Manley on 01-05-2018

EQ for better bass from Euro Live B215XL'S ?

Is it possible to use the dsp equalisation in the inuke 3000 to get a better bass response from the passive eurolive b215xl's ? Or would they simply not be able to reproduce the lower frequencies ?

Looking at the frequency response they should be able to go down to around 55hz but in practise they seem to lack low bass. Long term I want to add a couple of subwoofers, but for lower volume gigs it would be handy if I could just bump up the low frequency a bit.

If so - which frequencies and how much boost should I use to get a flat response from 50 hz upwards ? I take it I should filter out the range 40hz and below ?
  2. #2 by Anthony Floyd on 02-07-2018
    - Andrew Manley wrote View Post
    Is it possible to use the dsp equalisation in the inuke 3000 to get a better bass response from the passive eurolive b215xl's ? Or would they simply not be able to reproduce the lower frequencies ?

Looking at the frequency response they should be able to go down to around 55hz but in practise they seem to lack low bass. Long term I want to add a couple of subwoofers, but for lower volume gigs it would be handy if I could just bump up the low frequency a bit.

If so - which frequencies and how much boost should I use to get a flat response from 50 hz upwards ? I take it I should filter out the range 40hz and below ?
    Andrew, I was were you are long ago. You want a sub. Even one 18" sub will make quite a difference. Just do it. You'll be happy you did. even on the lower volume gigs. Look into bi-amping.
  3. #3 by Robert Lofgren on 02-07-2018
    Are we talking rock band or single songwriter setup?

The speaker is underpowered unless you run a single speaker to the amp in bridged mode.

Test adding some bass by putting a 6dB ‘haystack’ around 60-70Hz and watch out for any distortion.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator