X-Live Feature Request and Issue Reporting Thread

1. #21 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 02-18-2018
    - Bill Drouillard wrote View Post
    Well I see everyone is worried about fast forward and reverse but really none of it is any good unless you know what session you want again no one mentioned naming the files I have dozens now with no names try finding what u need unless you write everything down which is kinda silly with all this thousands of dollars in equipment
    Bill,
    Faced the same... You can rename your session files to something useful for you. X32Xlive_Wav can change the name of your XLive sessions. Just select the session Directory, type in a name, and click "Set Session Name". Exit the tool. Done!

https://sites.google.com/site/patric...C-X32Xlive_Wav

-Patrick
  2. #22 by Oliver Stein on 02-18-2018

Very short error in 16-track recording with X-Live

I have an odd error to report: while I was recording one of my bands rehearsal with the X-Live in 16track mode there was a very short glitch in the recording on all 16 tracks. The error was approx. 500 samples long and it was phase reversed being positive on all odd tracks and negative on all even tracks. I have attached what it look like in my DAW.
    Errors like these can be very painful when it's not possible to remove the passage from a recording - anyone else got somenthing similar?

PS: X32 Compact 3.08, X-Live A11. Recording was from local ins 1-16 to SD-Card in 16-track modus.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3. #23 by MIchael Manthei on 02-18-2018

32GB max card?

I have tried 5 different type/brand SD cards, it seems to only take a maximum of 32GB per slot. Is this really the case?
  4. #24 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 02-18-2018
    - Oliver Stein wrote View Post
    I have an odd error to report: while I was recording one of my bands rehearsal with the X-Live in 16track mode there was a very short glitch in the recording on all 16 tracks. The error was approx. 500 samples long and it was phase reversed being positive on all odd tracks and negative on all even tracks. I have attached what it look like in my DAW.
    Errors like these can be very painful when it's not possible to remove the passage from a recording - anyone else got somenthing similar?

PS: X32 Compact 3.08, X-Live A11. Recording was from local ins 1-16 to SD-Card in 16-track modus.
    Most Bizarre.... Even the 'shape' of the recordings is bizarre, like it's all clipped either positive or negative.
    Never had this.
    -Patrick
  5. #25 by Jan Duwe on 02-19-2018
    Hi Oliver,
    I am curious about the 500 sample glitch you reported after recording 16-tracks, we never saw anything like that before.
    Am I correct assuming that you not only notice the glitch after importing to your DAW, but also when playing the session back in the console?
    Can you give me specifics about the SD card and the DAW you used?
    Whenever X-LIVE is having difficulties writing a valid block to the SD card, there will be a specific error message. Do you recall, if you saw any alert while recording that session?
    Viele Gre,
    Jan

6. #26 by Oliver Stein on 02-19-2018
    Hi Jan,

even though I first noticed the error when playing back the file from the DAW it is at the same position in the original file on the SD card when played back in the X32 compact.

The SD card was a new bought SanDisk Extreme PRO 32 GB SDHC Class 10, U3, V30 rated to 95MB/s. Actually two of these cards were inserted, but #2 was not used as the total recording time was below 3h. The total recording time recording time of about 2:30 HH:mm was split I to 3-4 sessions as I hit stop sometimes to playback what we had played.
    The DAW where I imported the files is Samplitude Pro X2.

I'm not aware of any error message, but while recording the session I was not at the console. The recording was remote controlled via an IPad which was connected to the X32 with a FritzBox (3390). BTW the FritzBox was physically located directly behind the X-Live card.

If you want to analyze the error in depth I could send the SD Card to you - you can contact me via PN to work that out.
  7. #27 by Richard YClark on 02-19-2018
    I have tried 5 different type/brand SD cards, it seems to only take a maximum of 32GB per slot. Is this really the case?
    By default yes. That size is the largest that the official FAT32 spec. will allow to be formatted. However larger cards can be used but they have to be formatted on a PC using a special app.

https://forum.musictri.be/showthread...ard-works-64gb

Last edited by Richard YClark; 02-19-2018 at 05:09 AM.
  8. #28 by Bill Drouillard on 02-20-2018
    - Patrick-Gilles Maillot wrote View Post

Bill,
    Faced the same... You can rename your session files to something useful for you. X32Xlive_Wav can change the name of your XLive sessions. Just select the session Directory, type in a name, and click "Set Session Name". Exit the tool. Done!

-Patrick
    Ok great thanks Patrick I didn't Know about that

Thanks again Bill
  9. #29 by Bill Drouillard on 02-24-2018
    - Patrick-Gilles Maillot wrote View Post

Bill,

-Patrick
    Thanks again Patrick but your software won't let me download the driver's something wrong with the certificate any help would be appreciated thanks again

Bill
  10. #30 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 02-24-2018
    - Bill Drouillard wrote View Post
    Thanks again Patrick but your software won't let me download the driver's something wrong with the certificate any help would be appreciated thanks again

Bill
    Bill,

There's no additional driver to download.The zip file contains three files: the application, a bitmap, and the documentation in pdf format. When all files have been extracted from the zip container into a directory of your choice, you run the application (the .exe file) by just clicking on it. Windows 10 will ask you to confirm that you accept running the application, giving you two options: "Don't run", or "More info". Click on "More info" which will offer you a "Run anyways" option. click on it. Your antivirus will scan the exe file at that point and the app should run with no issue.

-Patrick