Beam me up

1. #1 by Bob Baldwin on 12-29-2017

Beam me up

I want to "Beam" new settings to my Perform VK from my android E4 via a USB cable. Can't seem to get any buttons to turn blue. Are there different settings when using a USB cable?
    Thanks,
    Bob
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 01-10-2018
    Hey Bob,
    When you're connected to the Perform-VK via USB, there will be a little lightening bolt in the top-right of the Perform-VK app. When that lightening bolt is solid it means you have quick-transfer enabled which will shoot a preset into the current slot with one press (when it's just outlined you need to confirm each transfer). If you send over an effect that is already on the VK, meaning Harmony or Reverb or Echo, then that sent effect will occupy the respective button on the VK and you won't get any blue-ness. For example if you send a Reverb style from the app, it'll go into the "Reverb" button on the VK, and that sent style will appear as light blue in the list of reverb styles. However if you send over an effect that is not native to the VK, like Megaphone, then that effect will occupy the current preset button ("1", "2", or "3") and pressing the button will turn it blue and activate the effect - you can even hold that preset button to adjust its amount. So what I'm guessing is that either you weren't successfully transferring to your VK, or maybe you were just sending one of the three native effects to the unit which wouldn't give you a blue preset button. Hope that helps

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  3. #3 by Bob Baldwin on 03-08-2018
    - Spencer Larsen wrote View Post
    Hey Bob,
    When you're connected to the Perform-VK via USB, there will be a little lightening bolt in the top-right of the Perform-VK app. When that lightening bolt is solid it means you have quick-transfer enabled which will shoot a preset into the current slot with one press (when it's just outlined you need to confirm each transfer). If you send over an effect that is already on the VK, meaning Harmony or Reverb or Echo, then that sent effect will occupy the respective button on the VK and you won't get any blue-ness. For example if you send a Reverb style from the app, it'll go into the "Reverb" button on the VK, and that sent style will appear as light blue in the list of reverb styles. However if you send over an effect that is not native to the VK, like Megaphone, then that effect will occupy the current preset button ("1", "2", or "3") and pressing the button will turn it blue and activate the effect - you can even hold that preset button to adjust its amount. So what I'm guessing is that either you weren't successfully transferring to your VK, or maybe you were just sending one of the three native effects to the unit which wouldn't give you a blue preset button. Hope that helps
    I am not getting the lightning bolt on the app. Is the "quick transfer" being enabled on the VK or on the phone? Might I have a bad or wrong cable? I was able to get the beam to work without the USB cable( I just can't be on stage making that screeching sound just to change effects) the cable I got is a Lemeng 3ft USB OTG Cable - Black, Type Micro Male to Mini Male.
  4. #4 by Spencer Larsen on 03-13-2018
    Hmm, it looks like that cable should do the job unless it's broken, can you use it to connect your phone to your computer and verify it'll transfer data and not just power? I'm using Android 7.0 over here and when I connect my phone to a VK it prompts me to allow data access to the phone. Perhaps you have a setting somewhere in Android prohibiting this?

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.