Play Acoustic System Exclusive format

1. #1 by Karl Roessler on 12-20-2017

Play Acoustic System Exclusive format

I reached out to support for System Exclusive Specification for Play Acoustic, with the intention of writing a patch editor. Unfortunately the only documentation that exists is for VoiceLive and doesn't match the data being sent by Play Acoustic.

Has anyone else done any work in this area? I will attempt to hack the format and would be interested in sharing the effort with anyone else so inclined.
  2. #2 by Marcos Santana on 01-14-2018
    I would kill for a PC preset editor for the play acoustic >.<
  3. #3 by Karl Roessler on 01-25-2018
    Cool - nice to know i'm not alone! Progress is slow since TC doesn't document Sysex for Play Acoustic.
  4. #4 by Misty Dake on 03-09-2018
    - Karl Roessler wrote View Post
    Cool - nice to know i'm not alone! Progress is slow since TC doesn't document Sysex for Play Acoustic.
    I've been looking into this as well. I'd be happy to collab with you. I work on a PC, not Apple (I'm guessing since you're looking for Sysex you are on a Mac?), but would be happy to share anything I can come up with.

I'd also love to see an online repository of custom presets created by other TC processor users. I'm honestly shocked this isn't a thing yet (at least to my knowledge).