UMC404hd not working

1. #1 by Ernest Redquest on 12-03-2017

UMC404hd not working

Worked fine for a few hours but when I tried using it again, my computer wouldnt recognize it and all the lights came on even though nothing was plugged into it. Anyone else experience this?
  2. #2 by Ken Mitchell on 12-04-2017
    - Ernest Redquest wrote View Post
    Worked fine for a few hours but when I tried using it again, my computer wouldnt recognize it and all the lights came on even though nothing was plugged into it. Anyone else experience this?
    Hi Ernest,

Welcome to the forums. Have you tried powering it with the external wall wart that came with the unit? It's possible that the USB port on your computer can't supply enough power for the 404HD. Sounds like it's stuck in a reset state.

If you are powering it externally and since it's a new unit, I'd either return it to the shop where you purchased it or contact CARE at CARE@music-group.com to arrange a warranty repair.

Ken
  3. #3 by Nathan Richards on 12-06-2017
    - Ernest Redquest wrote View Post
    I have my new UMC404HD today. I was getting used to it after reading the instructions and encountered a similar problem.

Something I came across was that if the USB is lose, then you can think its plugged in and you have no idea why the computer isn't recognizing it. I would just suggest rechecking that the usb connection is well connected on both the UMC404HD and on the computer. I ensured this and then my computer did recognize it.

I have done some testing based on what you said. When the power is connected the lights will briefly turn on, with nothing else plugged in. So maybe also try checking if the power cable is lose.

Hope it works for you soon.

On a side note if anyone has some tips for reducing white noise please let me know.

All the best.
    Nathan
  4. #4 by Ken Mitchell on 12-11-2017
    Hi Ernest,

Welcome to the forums.

- Nathan Richards wrote View Post
    I have done some testing based on what you said. When the power is connected the lights will briefly turn on, with nothing else plugged in. So maybe also try checking if the power cable is lose.
    When power is first applied all LEDs come on briefly and then go out. I suspect if they are staying on then the microcontroller in the 404HD isn't coming out of reset and is likely defective.

I'd recommend contacting CARE@musictri.be for assistance.

On a side note if anyone has some tips for reducing white noise please let me know.
    Hi Nathan,

Where are you seeing/hearing the white noise? What does your input gain structure look like?

Ken