Perform-VK Update: Build 132

1. #1 by Spencer Larsen on 11-08-2017

Perform-VK Update: Build 132

Hey y'all, just a heads up that there is new firmware available for Perform-VK.
    It's nothing major, just a couple bug fixes and future-proofing...

New to build 132:

• Fixed a bug where the instrument input was being muted from the headphone output
    • Removed the output delay from the auxiliary input playback is now instant so you can use another instrument or click track

Grandfathered from previous updates:
    • Greatly improved MIDI NaturalPlay response
    • Fixed a bug that could cause hung/stuck notes
    • In-ear Monitor feature: If you hold the headphone button while inserting an AUX input, the AUX will go directly to the headphones and mute the aux signal to the MAINS. This will also mute the Instrument send to the MAINS

Connect your Perform-VK to VoiceSupport and you'll be prompted to update
    This firmware build (132) is now the only update available on VoiceSupport - we've taken down the previous builds. This is because the flash memory chip in Perform-VK production is changing to a new chip (not because of an issue, just because they're running out or not making it anymore? something like that). So this new build accommodates the old and new flash chips, but older builds will only work with the old chip - loading an old build onto the new chip will freak it out and be rejected (this is fixable via MIDI though). Anyways, this is why you'll see just the new build up on VoiceSupport. I'm vying for a dual-mono output mode but the devs are pretty busy cooking up new toys at the moment. Maybe one day though...

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  2. #2 by Daniel Raizer on 11-10-2017

Aux In mute

Hello Spencer,

I have read all your threads, nice work! You provide some real support.
    My concern is that I saw on the VK manual that users can mute the AUX In to use it as a click/reference track, this is exactly what I want to do, but now, with this new firmware build, the Aux In is muted together with the Instrument In on the mains (in-ear mode) and this is not what I want. I saw that you said that there is no relay to separate the Instrument In from the Aux In signal, so, how come this was possible then? Can I get it back? My VK is a brand new one and maybe it has the new chip. its serial is 20566480.

Here is the situation: I need to wear headphones to listen to my keyboard playing and my voice and both should output to the PA too. Then I need a reference feed that should come from the Aux In that goes to the headphone, but not to the PA. Are you sure this was this possible before as stated on the manual? If not, is there any chance to get a new firmware with this implemented?

Thanks for everything and keep the good work going!
  3. #3 by Spencer Larsen on 11-20-2017
    Hey Daniel,
    Unfortunately the auxiliary and instrument inputs share a physical connection on the board. This has been and will be the case for all Perform-VK's, even though the manual didn't explicitly state it when discussing auxiliary muting. It's something we can't control with firmware, so muting will always be a both (auxiliary and instrument) or neither situation. I think in your case, the best solution will be to mute the aux/instrument so you can hear that auxiliary reference input, and use a splitter for your instrument before it hits the VK so you can send it to the VK (where it'll be muted from the main output) and send it to PA. Apologies this isn't something we can fix with an update for you.

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.