No sound coming thru M32-Q app

1. #1 by Andy Metzger on 10-31-2017

Hello,

We just got our Midas32 installed, it's working great. Downloaded the M32-Q app to be able to run in-ear monitors via my iPhone on stage....I have no issue connecting to the sound network. And I can see it's getting a signal from volume as our system is running.

I have control over BUS1 I slide it up and down on the phone and it moves on the board.

My problem is that I'm not getting any sound thru the headphones on my iPhone. It shows the signal...but nothing is coming thru.

What could I be missing? Thanks for all help!

2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 10-31-2017
    Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum. None of the M32 apps have audio go through them. They are only control apps, similar to a TV remote. You will need to purchase a headphone amp or P16M.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Andy Metzger on 10-31-2017

Thanks so much for the speedy response Paul! Very grateful!

I guess I was under the impression from our install technician that these apps could let me hear the sound thru the phone and have my own personal mixer, without the need of a p16M. BUT (fortunately)...we did purchase the P16Ms also...so we have them to use!

Are there any apps that do personal mixing for musicians on stage via a phone, that they can plug directly into?

- Paul Vannatto wrote View Post
    Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum. None of the M32 apps have audio go through them. They are only control apps, similar to a TV remote. You will need to purchase a headphone amp or P16M.
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 10-31-2017
    Hi Andy,

No, there is no app that can provide the audio to the headphone jack of your iPhone, since no audio is sent, just control commands (called OSC protocol), such as show channel meters, change channel 1 fader to -10 db, etc. The P16M is a good solution in that the audio of up to 16 channels is sent via the Ultranet (cat5e) cable from the M32 to the P16M. Another good solution is the Behringer P1 headphone amp (https://www.music-group.com/Categori...ems/P1/p/P0AZM). One (mono) or two (stereo) XLR cables would be connected from the M32 or stagebox to the P1. Then you would plug your IEM earbuds into the P1. Then you can control the mix using your iPhone and M32-Q or Mixing Station.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator