Ip3000

1. #11 by Donald Anderson on 02-01-2018

IP3000 in stereo

I bought a pair of these. The 2nd will arrive tomorrow!
  2. #12 by Kev Tyler on 02-14-2018
    Thanks Greg. Thanks Freddie
    I run my passive subs just below 80 to 90 hz but I know there are loads of act8ve subs that have the option to cross much higher than this, obviously music group recognize this and must take this account when they created the new IP300 2 BY 6 Active speaker.
    http://m.musictri.be/Categories/Turb.../iP300/p/P0CCH

Regarding the ip range. What frequency do you imagine the sub crosses over at ?

For the type of gigs these systems are designed for, I doubt anyone will miss or complain about the absence or dip at 100 hz?

Cheers

Kev
  3. #13 by Freddie Garcia on 02-16-2018
    - Kev Tyler wrote View Post
    Thanks Greg. Thanks Freddie
    I run my passive subs just below 80 to 90 hz but I know there are loads of act8ve subs that have the option to cross much higher than this, obviously music group recognize this and must take this account when they created the new IP300 2 BY 6 Active speaker.
    http://m.musictri.be/Categories/Turb.../iP300/p/P0CCH

Regarding the ip range. What frequency do you imagine the sub crosses over at ?

For the type of gigs these systems are designed for, I doubt anyone will miss or complain about the absence or dip at 100 hz?

Cheers

Kev
    I don't think the inspire speaker series crossover point is published, but from other similar column speakers that I've seen, their published frequencies were 140, 200, and 206 Hz. I sure would be missing those absent frequencies.
  4. #14 by Kev Tyler on 02-18-2018
    Hi Freddie

I build a lot of gear myself, usually large 18 inch cabs and such, however, I built a column pa with a 12inch 1000w beyma driver doing sub and 4 Bose 5 inch drivers from an 802, and a beyma spherical radiator tweeter, I crossed this at about 80 to 90 cycles, I cant honestly see any of these systems sounding too nice with sub above 120 hz, although I have never actually looked too close at what Maui, dB and all the rest are doing with their gear.

I look forward to hearing the new ip300 model as for me I could use this with a decent sub in food gigs, yet use a much more substantial top at other gigs where higher spl is needed, alleviating the requirement for lots of redundant gear.

Cheers
    Kev
  5. #15 by Iliya Kot on 03-28-2018

question about watts

I want to buy pair like this and make open air partys.

how much watts generator i need to work on safe volume i mean RMS?

tnx you.