VoiceLive 3 Update Available (366)

1. #1 by Spencer Larsen on 09-01-2017

VoiceLive 3 Update Available (366)

We have finally delivered!
    If you connect your VoiceLive 3 (Extreme models too) to VoiceSupport 2, you'll see there is an update available. This is the first VL3 update since build 355 in February 2016. Please check out build 366 and let us know what you think.

Build 366 includes the following:

New looper feature!
    AudioCue lets you arm a loop to begin recording with your input. Select a volume threshold in the "Looper" menu, arm a loop track for recording, and cue recording the loop when your input is louder than the chosen threshold. When a loop is armed, you can press another loop footswitch to cancel. You can also choose whether AudioCue applies to every loop, or just your first loop! (AudioCue settings are saved with the loop slot, not the preset)

Remastered metronome sounds, improved the behavior logic, and metronome mute/enable is available as a Switch-3/6 target.

DSP improvements to the synth/vocoder.

Added notifications to inform you when the looper is active.

Handful of bug fixes including: missing popup messages, loop trigger settings, external loop control, and overnight MIDI timeout.

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  2. #2 by The 3 Nuges on 09-01-2017
    Wow, that's great news! Can you plz define the following?:

"loop trigger settings"

"external loop control"

"overnight MIDI timeout"
  3. #3 by Jeff on 09-01-2017
    For those of us who decidedly don't have updated OS's to run Voicesupport 2, can you please also post the file here for download?
  4. #4 by Musicmadmanharp on 09-02-2017
    - Spencer Larsen wrote View Post
    We have finally delivered!
    If you connect your VoiceLive 3 (Extreme models too) to VoiceSupport 2, you'll see there is an update available. This is the first VL3 update since build 355 in February 2016. Please check out build 366 and let us know what you think.

Build 366 includes the following:

Thank you Spencer :

¿ Are there more changes in this firmware than you listed and if so could you post them please ?

EZ :

HR
  5. #5 by guitarhacker on 09-02-2017

Congratulations to the Team

Thanks Spencer

Congratulations to you and the the Team!!
    Its been champagne sailing for me on the new build so far ; )
  6. #6 by Leonard Ludvigsen on 09-03-2017
    Thanks & praise! Good job

Like 3 Nuges asked; could u define the less specified changes a bit more?
  7. #7 by Bent Stavanger on 09-03-2017
    That sounds good! Will there be a downloadable PDF with a list of the changes?
  8. #8 by Ed Saxman on 09-04-2017
    Well, not a great update to have taken such amount of time but at least the firmware installation went fine, and we already have an updated version of the Ian Cowdery's VL3X Editor.

—I haven't noticed any improvements in the metronome sounds. The Kick and Cowbell still sounds louder than the rest, and the Kick often make a ugly sound when you switch from any metronome sound to this one (not something you have to do live, but...)

—The metronome mute/enable available as a Switch-3/6 target is a welcome improvement, as well as those added notifications to inform you when the looper is active. Thank you.

—DSP improvements to the synth/vocoder. Not very aparent but I trust you.

Please explain that:
    Handful of bug fixes including: missing popup messages, loop trigger settings, external loop control, and overnight MIDI timeout.

Can you tell us if this will be the last Voicelive 3 update? Further development is planned?

How about the VL4 announcement? Soon?
  9. #9 by Musicmadmanharp on 09-04-2017

¡ I 2nd. The Motion !

- Bent Stavanger wrote View Post
    That sounds good! Will there be a downloadable PDF with a list of the changes?
    ASAP Please

EZ :

HR
  10. #10 by Frédéric Burdet on 09-04-2017

Still no Rec B and Rec C on footswitch :(

Also a bit disappointed with the update...

Why is it still not possible to map rec B and C to the footswitch??

Rec B is not the nicest button to reach, and then this whole swap thing is complicated IMHO. Would be much nicer to be able to rec, play and stop A, B and C from the switch.

But the 1BUTLOOPER option seems to be only for A, with no possibility to change it...

An other feature I suggested (ok, that was not very long ago) would be to be able to play directly what has been recorded on the USB memory stick. That would help me greatly with my sound checks, as I am mostly doing them alone but can't hear the balance when I'm playing and singing. Maybe for 2.2.01 ?