What is MIDI Sync

1. #1 by Yannick Smits on 08-10-2017

What is MIDI Sync

Looks like even TC helicon is confused. As I understand the support for MIDI sync in Voicelive 3, Touch 2 and Perform VK is based on the MIDI Clock standard, even though their support page links to the MIDI timecode wiki page (which is only used to sync video and audio):
    https://music-group.force.com/musick...A028000000NCSW
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 08-18-2017
    "MIDI Sync" is just our way of saying it supports incoming MIDI clock. I don't know what's up with the link in that support page, it should probably link to this page instead. Thanks for pointing this out!

FYI our comparison page has MIDI Sync as a feature that also just means MIDI clock compatibility.

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  3. #3 by Yannick Smits on 08-19-2017
    You might also wanna have a look at the User guide of the perform VE which states:
    Appendix B: MIDI Implementation
    Perform-VE responds to Control Change (CC), Program Change (PC) and MIDI Tempo (not MIDI Clock) information.
  4. #4 by Spencer Larsen on 08-21-2017
    Damnit, you're hired Yannick! Thank you, I'm going to reach out and get the manual changed as well... it isn't using clear and unambiguous language. The correct terms (from the MIDI standard) are 'Timing Clock' (or MIDI clock as I've been calling it) which we support as a slave, and 'MIDI Time Code' which we do not support. Thanks again for the heads up.

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.