Vocals in Guitar DI

1. #11 by Rob Henry on 07-26-2017
    - VoiceLiveEditor wrote View Post
    Hi
    Just wondering if your getting vocal bleed in the guitar cable.
    Can you plug guitar cable into Play, but NOT plug the other end to your guitar.
    Do you still get vocals cumming out of the GTR out of the Acoustic?

Are you using a normal guitar cable?, not one that has earphone jack and plug running in it ( so you can use the hp out of the Play for In Ear Monitoring), I have known these cables to fail, and the audio from the headphones get mixed into the guitar cable, due to short in cable)
    Tried that, still getting vocals ...
  2. #12 by Rob Henry on 07-26-2017
    - STeebs wrote View Post
    Quick Q's, you said "I am running my guitar DI out through a looper. When I am looping I am getting my vocals on my guitar track REALLY loud."

1) what's the looper
    2) you have mic attached to looper ? (i.e. thinking Di sent to out mix and thus in output mic back to mic)
    3) in looper are you auxing in the DI'd out or DI->TRS / TS to Channel (would make more sense as that output would be seperate channel to looper).

may be more of a routing issue as bleed from DI isn;t known, but downstream would / could do that
    Pigtronix looper
    No ONLY running guitar into looper I don't loop vocals at all.
    No aux'ing out.
  3. #13 by Rob Henry on 07-26-2017
    - Spencer Larsen wrote View Post
    Man, this is a weird one. I've tried a bunch of settings based on what you're describing and can't get any vocals on the guitar XLR output when the output mode is set to Voice/Guitar(DI).

Just to be double sure, this is your setup(?):

Inputs:
    Guitar -> TS cable -> PlayAcoustic GUITAR IN
    Microphone -> XLR cable -> PlayAcoustic MIC

Outputs:
    PlayAcoustic Right XLR Guitar DI -> XLR cable -> Looper -> Whatever cable -> Desk
    PlayAcoustic Left XLR Voice -> XLR cable -> Desk

And the latest firmware update is build 48. What're you running?

If everything above looks in order, do you think you could send me your PlayAcoustic settings so I can try 'em out? If you connect to VoiceSupport, in the Presets tab there is a Export button in the top-right. If you click Export, and set the Export Data to Setup Data then you can create a copy of your unit's settings. Then send em my way (either attache them there if you can, or do Dropbox maybe) and I can import them to a unit here and see if I get the same issue.
    Hi here is a dropbox link to my setup file. I spoke to ambertech here in Australia and the tech there reckons its a motherboard issue. I used a different Play Acoustic last weekend, same setup EXACTLY, no issues - except it seems to have a lot more reverb than my old unit but that's easily tweaked.
    Very keen to know what you think of this as I cant use this unit at the moment. Thanks
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv6sj5mm1h..._2017.syx?dl=0
  4. #14 by Rob Henry on 12-05-2018

no help?

so, over a year later, no help? Now my second unit is doing it as well ... i am going back to digitech guys
  5. #15 by Marty Cansler on 12-07-2018
    Hi Rob,
    Sounds like you have a defective unit. Spencer should have sent you to the “contact us” page under support for the TC Helicon site. There you will find product support which request information about your unit. I tried to supply a link for you, it it isn’t allowing me to post it.

Their service is usually great, but Spencer should have sent you there.

Marty
  6. #16 by Marty Cansler on 12-07-2018
    ]Hi Rob,
    Sounds like you have a defective unit. Spencer should have sent you to the “contact us” page under support for the TC Helicon site. There you will find product support which request information about your unit. I tried to supply a link for you, it it isn’t allowing me to post it.

I just noticed Spencer provided a link on his first post which is for support. You should go that route. Hope that helps.

Marty