DN32-USB Issue / Windows 10 Error Code 52 / Driver Not Signed -> Solution

1. #1 by Raphael Becker-Foss on 05-31-2017

DN32-USB Issue / Windows 10 Error Code 52 / Driver Not Signed -> Solution

Dear Midas Team,
    I reckon you already know what follows, but since there is no official word on this despite some Behringer PR guys blaming Windows 10 for this (which is the lamest excuse ever) I have to speak up about this to prevent further damage.

I just wasted well over an hour of my life trying to get my M32Rs Interface card (which has worked flawlessly with two other PCs so far) to speak to my new laptop.

The driver get's installed alright, you can connect the USB cable, you get the according sound, but the card just doesn't get recognized.

This is a problem I never had with my other two PCs, which are running the latest Windows build, so you can guess my desperation, since everything was in perfect order, but it just wouldn't work.

Finally I checked the device manager and there it was, an "Error Code 52". I was absolutely astonished to find out, that the driver was blocked due to not being signed...

To be frank, it's beyond me how you manage to not only put out software that alarms any virus scanner and can't be executed for that very reason (DL32 update tool i.e.) over years and are not able or willing to fix that, but also publish drivers that simply won't work on a modern machine, since you neglect to let them signed. You don't even bother to give any word about that on your download site, let alone provide the user with an alternative (which is there and super easy, more on that later).

These are conditions that are not acceptable for a company that operates within a professional environment. Just imagine you are on the job, your PC breaks down and you manage to organize a replacement just in time to start the recording, only your driver will not work like it did for years on your older system. In that kind of situation, there is simply no way to find out why that is and what to do. Dire conditions.

Luckily I am a thorough guy and so I checked the setup at home before taking it out. I googled and found out (no thanks to you), that there is no official way to get around this. Microsoft provided those ways in the past and was rewarded with manufacturers simply ignoring their duty to letting the drivers signed, so their customers were not able to enjoy a secure OS.

There is a workaround to disable that mandatory signature enforcement in Windows 10 though, namely disabeling secure boot. That does work, but for obvious reasons, thats a shitty option.

If you ask Behringer, they say you should simply install the old driver. This is a shitty option as well, the new driver will be there for a reason, won't it? But within those shitty options, this one will work, won't put your system in immediate danger. Yay, be thankful for the little things...

So, off to the Midas site I go again, just to find out, that there is no older driver (available or at all, no way to tell).

Luckily a friend of mine tipped me off and provided me with an older driver. I will attach it, so people who are stuck like me can get their system up and running.

So now it's working, albeit with an older driver of which I do not know, how well it will perform.

Dear Midas Team: Please adress this as soon as possible. This might not affect too many people right now, since the chances are big that their windows installs are older, so the driver signature enforcement will not be active yet. This will become overwhelming over time though, since this affects every new installations of Windows 10, version 1607 and above.

Due to the complex nature of this problem, your customers will have a hard time finding out what's wrong, just like I did, and you will put a lot of people into a lot of really shitty situations with absolute certainty.

Getting a driver signed is really not that difficult. I don't see any reason why this is not getting done. Please don't give us lame excuses like "this is a problem on the Windows side of things". It is not. This is your job to do. Thousands of other and much smaller companies manage to pull that off, why can't you?

Until then, please post a note on the download site and provide the older driver so people don't have to waste their time searching the whole internet for a solution.

Apart from that, I am very happy with my M32R. But this instance could have cost me a job and that's where a line get's crossed for me. Hence this post.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...sta-and-later-
    Attached Files Attached Files

Last edited by Raphael Becker-Foss; 05-31-2017 at 01:55 AM.
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 05-31-2017
    They are currently beta testing the latest driver and it should be released shortly if nothing major is encountered.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Raphael Becker-Foss on 05-31-2017
    So let's hope they let it signed

4. #4 by Lance McVickar on 06-11-2018

Same issue here with Windows 7 says driver is not signed.

I have been searching for an answer to this issue. I use a mac but wanted to use my M32r with Windows 7 ultimate for gaming. I saw one message saying the driver was not signed and it did install the driver but does not see the board. I will try this older version but I just tried the latest driver await no luck. On my mac its plug and play no driver needed. Did you ever get the latest driver working?
  5. #5 by Paul Vannatto on 06-11-2018
    Hi Lance,

Welcome to the forum. Are you saying that the DN32-USB 4.11 driver (latest one) is not signed? Do you have the Win7 computer connected to the DN-USB card via USB cable (port on the back of the console)?

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  6. #6 by Lance McVickar on 07-06-2018

Installed the older windows driver and it worked

The latest driver game me a not signed error. Installed the older one posted here and it worked just fine under Windows 7 ultimate. To be clear I have a mac pro 2010 running windows 7 under bootcamp. Thanks to Raphael Becker-Foss for posting the older driver.

Last edited by Lance McVickar; 07-06-2018 at 08:35 AM.