VoiceSolo out to mixer -- needs preamp?

1. #1 by MartyVega on 03-27-2017

VoiceSolo out to mixer -- needs preamp?

Hi all,
    Just tried out my new VoiceSolo at band practice yesterday, and this thing works as advertised -- first time in my singing "career" I've really been able to hear myself (for better or for worse).

The only thing I didn't expect was that the Voicesolo would need a preamp channel when sending the output to a mixer (we only had a small mixer with two preamps).

Or is there are button to push that I'm missing? It seems strange to me that the Voicesolo would require a preamp.
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 05-05-2017
    Hey Marty,
    FX150 has preamps built in... Which input are you using for your microphone on the FX150? Hopefully the first channel, as the second one functions as a thru. If you're only using the first channel, press in the back button indicating "CH1" and hold the first channel's front "Level" button. This will show you a meter of the mic signal. It sounds like you've got the gain too low - turn down the Master knob and turn up the channel's level. Hopefully giving the signal more gain will help it show up in your mixer.