Harmony Singer 2 issues

1. #1 by Terry Wood on 03-20-2017

Harmony Singer 2 issues

Recent purchased a Harmony Singer 2 and have used it for two shows....

Using a wireless hand held mic

First show (acoustic guitar plugged directly into the unit)
    About halfway thru our third set, my singer's vocals started cutting out and it sounded like a chipmunk singing through a turning fan blade. Restarted the HS2 and it seemed to be fine the rest of the night. Of course we were limited to using only on songs that were played on the acoustic guitar

Second Show (Sent a feed from an aux send from the mixer, with sends only from the channels that had acoustic guitar, electric guitar, and guitar synthesizer)

This time halfway through the first set, same issue. Power cycled the unit....worked ok for a song or two.....but same result......gave up and disconnected the unit for the rest of the show

Any thoughts are what could be causing this?
    Anyone else have similar issues?
    Is the guitar input being clipped?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. #2 by Craig Fraser on 04-19-2017
    Hi Terry,

That is a really weird one!

I'd suggest either trying to swap it with your dealer or getting in touch with support. Dealer is usually quickest, but if you're out of their time window for a swap support can always help you out.

http://support.tc-helicon.com/tickets/new

Cheers,
    Craig

Customer Solutions Manager
    TC Helicon Vocal Technologies
  3. #3 by Charles Dicus on 07-22-2017
    I'm having the same issue. I sent it for a work order and there was no response, so I returned the pedal to the retailer. They replaced with a new one and it does the same. I've sent the info for another service order. Hopefully someone will respond this time. This is a nice pedal but it's killed the vibe in three shows now.

- Craig Fraser wrote View Post
    Hi Terry,

That is a really weird one!

I'd suggest either trying to swap it with your dealer or getting in touch with support. Dealer is usually quickest, but if you're out of their time window for a swap support can always help you out.

http://support.tc-helicon.com/tickets/new
  4. #4 by Charles Dicus on 07-30-2017

Still having problem

I am still having issues with my Harmony Singer 2. As advised, I changed the power source and used 4 x AA batteries, yet the problem still exists.
  5. #5 by Charles Dicus on 08-02-2017

Harmony Singer 2 Issue Solved

- Charles Dicus wrote View Post
    I am still having issues with my Harmony Singer 2. As advised, I changed the power source and used 4 x AA batteries, yet the problem still exists.
    Problem solved!

I contacted TC Helicon and they instructed me to try a different power supply which I did. It still produced this unwanted sound. I just spent some time on the phone with tech support and apparently the auto gain in these pedals cannot adjust to stage volumes or loud singers. Once the gain sets and I stop singing, it shuts off. Then when coming back to mic, the gain has issues resetting. They said my only solution would be to return the pedal. So I am. I cannot believe this pedal cannot deal with a LIVE band. Get rid of the auto gain.
  6. #6 by Paulo Bigonha on 08-16-2017

The pedal stops working in the middle of the show

I'm having the same problem with my Harmony Singer 2.
    I already switched the power supply and bought special batteries, but it did not solve the problem.
    The aggravating factor in my case is that I live in Brazil and bought the pedal used on Ebay and I do not know where to find technical assistance in Brazil.
    I also can not return the product to the seller.
    How could I solve this problem?
    I am a musician in Brazil and will be in the USA next month.
    Could you help me?
    In advance, thank you very much.
    Sincerely,

Paulo Bigonha
  7. #7 by Chuck Selfe on 10-03-2017

Hellish Noises from Harmony Singer 2

I started having crazy "cyborg" noises coming though the PA system 20 minutes into using the Harmony Singer. Sweetwater swapped it out for a new one (another new one) and within an hour it started doing the same thing. I have contacted TC Helicon and I am being told it's a defective unit. They also suggest that I swap it out with my dealer for another unit. Three times to get it right? No thanks. It's a shame. I love the size and simplicity of the pedal but now I don't trust it. I've been using the 3-times larger Vocalist Live-3 for years and have never had an issue- I just wanted something smaller and simpler.
  8. #8 by Pete Krog on 10-04-2017

Harmony singer issues

Greetings,
    I too have a problem with my Harmony singer. It suddenly started emitting a continuous loud buzzing noise that phases in and out volume-wise, which makes it unusable.

The XLR out is the source of the “buzzing” even when nothing else is plugged in.
    Of course, cables etc were swapped out and the ground-lift and other controls manipulated in an attempt it troubleshoot.
    I also updated the firmware but to no avail.

Unit was bought from Anderton’s in the the U.K. in April 2015.
    Any suggestions please
    Regards
  9. #9 by Spencer Larsen on 10-30-2017
    Harmony Singer 2 users,
    We're currently investigating the cause of this noise issue. So far I've seen around ten reports of this problem, which seems to occur at random and goes away with a reboot of the pedal, and where the owner was able to record the output they all sound very similar. This video shows the issue I'm referring to, I just want to make the distinction because Pete's problem sounds like something else (Pete please get in contact with support!).
    My request from anyone who has encountered this issue is to please share with me the info for the power supply you are using. A picture of the decal on the supply showing the input and output would be immensely helpful to our efforts. Any recording(s) of the affected output would also be useful for our devs tracking down this problem. Thank you very much, please help me help you!

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  10. #10 by Michael Chambers on 11-01-2017

Help!

I am having the same issue. Plus one.....I have only used it twice since I got it in June. The first time was with my full band, and I placed it on my pedal board and powered it with my MXR power brick along with the rest of my pedals. I only used it for about 3 songs.
    Last week I did a solo acoustic show, and couldn't get it to power on with anything other than batteries. It lasted about 1 set. Then started that fuzz sound. I thought it may have been the batteries, but it wasn't. Am I screwed because I got it on Amazon?

- Spencer Larsen wrote View Post
    Harmony Singer 2 users,
    We're currently investigating the cause of this noise issue. So far I've seen around ten reports of this problem, which seems to occur at random and goes away with a reboot of the pedal, and where the owner was able to record the output they all sound very similar. This video shows the issue I'm referring to, I just want to make the distinction because Pete's problem sounds like something else (Pete please get in contact with support!).
    My request from anyone who has encountered this issue is to please share with me the info for the power supply you are using. A picture of the decal on the supply showing the input and output would be immensely helpful to our efforts. Any recording(s) of the affected output would also be useful for our devs tracking down this problem. Thank you very much, please help me help you!