Play Acoustic - No presets are working

1. #1 by Jesse Kelly on 02-24-2017

Play Acoustic - No presets are working

I have a new Play Acoustic and I've plugged in the guitar and microphone. If I dial through the presets, nothing changes to the sound of the guitar or vocals. It's just one set sound for each.

If, while in a preset, I hit the effects buttons, I can tweak all the effects and parameter for both the guitar and mic. But just dialing through the presets there is no change.

I updated the voicesupport2 software. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something else I can try? Tks.
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 03-01-2017
    Sounds like you have Global FX turned on. If you go into the Setup menu, there's a parameter for Global FX that should be off if you want each preset to do its own thing :]
  3. #3 by Jesse Kelly on 03-02-2017
    Thanks so much Spencer,

Alas I didn't realize I had to push the "hit" switch!

Now the voice presets are working, however the guitar effects are not changing at all! (I made sure global fx is set to off. )

Any idea on this one? Tks, Jesse
  4. #4 by Marty Cansler on 03-03-2017
    Jesse,
    Two things about guitar presets.
    1- make sure you update the unit to the latest firmware. The original firmware did not allow guitar presets.
    2- make sure you go into settings and turn off "global guitar effects".

If you do both of these, you should be able to have different guitar effects per preset.
  5. #5 by Alan Siegler on 01-18-2018

Guitar FX not working when changing Presets

My Guitar FX aren't changing with each preset. Same sound from preset to preset. Set Output to voice/guitar DI ran TRX cable to amp. I can heard the guitar but no effects. In setup Global Guitar FX is OFF. Guitar at 10 db. Shouldn't you hear different FX as you go thru the presets?
  6. #6 by Alan Siegler on 01-19-2018
    Still no change all the presets sound the same. What am I doing wrong
  7. #7 by Alan Siegler on 01-19-2018
    I have both Global Key and Global Guitar FX off and still all of the presets sound the same no chorus, delays or slap backs. Help
  8. #8 by Marty Cansler on 01-20-2018
    Alan,
    Are you making changes and they are staying the same or are you moving through factory presets and they stay the same?

The factory presets are using the same guitar effects. You may need to go into a preset and modify a guitar effect. Change the reverb or chorus and store again. Are you able to do this and still not hear a change?