Play Acoustic center control knob broken

1. #1 by Ryanmclifford on 06-14-2016

Play Acoustic center control knob broken

My Play Acoustic center control knob is not functioning. It spins normally, but feels a little loose and does not operate when trying to adjust settings. I removed the plastic knob but I don't see anything broken nor do I see any way to furthur diagnose this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 06-14-2016
    Hey Ryan,
    I've seen that happen on a Play Acoustic that was dropped before. Part of what connects the outer rubber knob to the inner circuit board is plastic and if it's stomped on or dropped it's possible to break it. The only fix was soldering in a new actuator. If you get in contact with our support guys you may be able to get the replacement part, or discuss sending it for service.

http://www.music-group.com/support/t...on/askquestion
  3. #3 by evaldes miranda on 07-03-2016

I have the same problem with my play electric, how hard it is to repair ?, any technician can do it? do you send parts? It is a very common problem in this series? I'm from México, but I have family in te US.
  4. #4 by Dazhumby on 08-06-2016

just returned from holiday and tried to set up my Play Acoustic as it was a gift bought for my birthday 3 weeks ago. Control knob turns but does not operate any adjustments. How do I get a replacement unit?
  5. #5 by mark mcilvena on 08-09-2016

I had same problem on my 3 Month old Play Acoustic (In Australia). Contacted TC Helicon via 'support' here (Very prompt and helpful) and they directed me to Australian Distributor/Repairs - I think called Ambertech, (Even more prompt and helpful) Sent unit away and it came back fully functioning and good to go, and Ambertech sent me update emails along the way to keep me in the loop. Benefits of buying quality products from reputable companies I guess ( And no... I don't work for any of these)
  6. #6 by Cvollick1 on 08-11-2016
    This just happened to me last night. I am shocked, and not pleased, but since I don't know what happened I have to take responsibility for now. How much is this going to cost to fix or how do I ENSURE there is no other option but to accept that the control knob has broken somehow?
  7. #7 by Shayne Barr on 08-14-2016

My rotary knob is also broke. I need to know the best option for getting this fixed. I use this every weekend and can't afford to be without it.
  8. #8 by Shayne Barr on 08-14-2016

I just discovered that my rotary knob is also broken.
  9. #9 by Cstuart Baker on 08-25-2016
    The know on my Voicelive play is broken as well. Is there any way at all to edit parameters on the pedal without this knob? Or is a software editor in the works? Otherwise it's not worth the cost to ship to an authorized repair center, pay for parts and labor and return shipment.
  10. #10 by Cstuart Baker on 08-25-2016
    *the knob* on my Voicelive play is also broken.