VoiceLive Play GTX - Blank Blue Screen

1. #1 by Paul Hartfree on 03-21-2015

VoiceLive Play GTX - Blank Blue Screen

Turned on the Play last night and updated the Firmware to latest. Last night it was fine but today it has a blank blue screen! I have tried downgrading the Firmware then updating again but, no joy.

Any idea's if this is software fixable or, a hardware fault?

The unit is probably 18 months old but, Ive probably only turned it on less than 20 times so if its a fault this early on, its a little surprising/worrying..

We have a gig in about 10 days so we are completely panicing

I have raised a support ticket.

thanks for any pointers,

Paul
  2. #2 by Chris Tidestrom on 03-23-2015

Does VoiceSupport see the GTX at all?

Craig, this may be a bump to you...
  3. #3 by Chris Tidestrom on 03-23-2015

Paul, the GTX manual says:

How do i perform a full factory reset?

-when powering up the unit, press and hold “Back” and “store”

*any changes you have made to presets or setup information will be erased Back up your cutom presets and setup data via voicesupport .

Don't know if you did that. Hope this helps.

4. #4 by Paul Hartfree on 03-24-2015

Hi again Chris.

Yes, I did server system resets.

Yes, the VoiceSupport tool sees the GTX and will successfully update the Firmware etc. So, it really is just a dead screen.

As mentioned in my other thread, Ive now sent it off to the UK service center (Real Electronics in Sheffield) [very nice people btw..!]

Im kind of hoping it wont be fixed in time for our gig on 4th April as I will then need to buy the VL3

thanks for the pointers - ill try and remember to post back to the thread with the final resolution.

ta,

Paul

5. #5 by Paul Hartfree on 03-29-2015

Its all fixed!! I sent it to the wonderful Real Electronics and it was back with me in under 48hours!!

On the downside it means I cant justify getting a VL3 Maybe after our next gig in a few days I might see about selling the GTX and upgrading.

Thanks again for the replies.

Paul
  6. #6 by Chris Tidestrom on 03-29-2015

That is great news, Paul!

7. #7 by Chris Tidestrom on 03-29-2015

I mean...sorry, dude!
  8. #8 by Paul Hartfree on 03-30-2015

Yeah, Chris.. No VL3 for me.. Certainly not till after current gig but maybe after we can justify it

thanks again,

Paul
  9. #9 by Carlos344729 on 06-05-2016

I have voicelive play gtx Blue Screen also , I did a firmware update and it did not help either, I am waiting back on support to get help also., This seems like an issue on their products they have also. Another issue, I can only get 1 vocal effect to work. it is stuck on that effect and i cant change it.
  10. #10 by Fabio Luigi Bonezzi on 04-26-2018
    Nobody knows how recover a white/blue screen on GTX? probably a firmware fail.
    Thanks!