New Harmony Singer2 - How many mA does it require?

1. #1 by Peter Justine on 01-26-2017

New Harmony Singer2 - How many mA does it require?

I am so excited that the new stompboxes, such as the Harmony Singer2, will run on 9v instead of 12v! I am planning to put one on my pedalboard and run it off of my Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+, but just need to know how many mA it actually requires so as to know which power outlet to use on there (or if I need to double up for more mA etc...). Thanks!
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 02-17-2017
    At least 670mA as per our spec. When it's running it's actually closer to 180mA but the initial startup takes a bit more of a boost.
  3. #3 by Ezri Shaharuddin on 12-22-2017
    Hi Spencer,

I have a 9V DC adapter with 600mA. Does it still work to power the HS2 properly?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Ezri
  4. #4 by Spencer Larsen on 01-30-2018
    Yep, that'll still power it just fine. If you look on the bottom of your pedal you'll see the power requirement on the sticker.

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  5. #5 by David Hastings on 07-19-2018

Pedal Board Power Supply

I want to set up a pedal board for my TC Helicon pedals and use a single power supply for all 4 pedals. I have a Polytune 3 pedal and a Bodyrez pedal that require 9 volts and a version 1 Harmony Singer and Mic Mechanic that require 12 volts. As long as I have enough milliamps for all 4 pedals will they operate on 9 volt power? Is it possible to use 12 volts to power all 4 without damage to the 9 volt pedals?
  6. #6 by Spencer Larsen on 07-24-2018
    I cannot recommend using a 12 volt supply on our 9 volt pedals. Excess amperage is no issue but excess voltage can damage any piece of electronic gear.

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.