Turbosound iq 15 Firmware Update 1.9

1. #11 by Jan Duwe on 09-27-2016
    Dear All,
    Please note that there was a mistake uploading the wrong archive to our website, temporarily. The correct file is replaced on our product websites already, it may take a couple of hours, however, until it will be replicated correctly on all proxies. Please download the recent firmware 1.9 zip file and only use the TURBOSOUND_UsbUpdate_1.9.exe file for updating your speakers. The zip archive should also include the release notes text, with update instructions.

As Robert has mentioned already, the update is relevant to using the Ultranet bus, and also improves low temperature operation, below 0°C.

Apologies for any confusion caused and I hope this clarifies the situation.
    Best regards,
    Jan

2. #12 by Onno Rietveld on 09-27-2016
    Hello Jan,

do I have to redo the update from my Turbosound iQ speakers or was the bin-file with the firmware the same as in the previous zip file on the site?

Thanks and kind regards, Onno
  3. #13 by Tim Cullingworth on 09-27-2016
    - Jan Duwe wrote View Post
    Dear All,
    Please note that there was a mistake uploading the wrong archive to our website, temporarily. The correct file is replaced on our product websites already, it may take a couple of hours, however, until it will be replicated correctly on all proxies. Please download the recent firmware 1.9 zip file and only use the TURBOSOUND_UsbUpdate_1.9.exe file for updating your speakers. The zip archive should also include the release notes text, with update instructions.

As Robert has mentioned already, the update is relevant to using the Ultranet bus, and also improves low temperature operation, below 0°C.

Apologies for any confusion caused and I hope this clarifies the situation.
    Best regards,
    Jan
    Sorry I am very confused now.

I have just finished updating all my speakers with the zip file from your web site which did not have release notes and has the file TSusbupdate_V1.9.exe.

Is this the wrong file I only ask as the zip file on your web site is still showing exactly the same.
  4. #14 by John Ormerod on 10-03-2016

Turbosound iq 15 updated to latest firmeware 1,9

Just to confirm that I have now updated the Turbosound iq 15 to firmware 1.9, and its simply a case of holding in the setup button when powering up. Then run the PC software. Thanks Turbosound for updating the firmware instructions.
  5. #15 by Scott Franson on 10-03-2016

1.9 firmware

Dear Jan, I definitely loaded the wrong firmware version 1.9 and have now reloaded the correct file.
    I did an outdoor festival side stage this weekend and the system made an awful noise whenever I pushed it. At first I thought it was a horrible cymbal overloading the preamp but then realized it was also happening when I pushed the system and not a mixing issue and a speaker issue.....could this have been from the bad firmware file???

Also the generator that was supposed to be there was not when I arrived ands never showed up so one of the vendors let us use his extra generator. I was told it was a 30 amp breaker (I have no idea of what I was actually getting) and I was running five iq12's, two iq15B's an xr18 and all backline gear off of it. Could this have been why I was getting the horrible noise???

This leads me to my next question, how much power do I need to run these speakers properly?

Thanks very much,
    Scott Franson
  6. #16 by Chase McKnight on 10-05-2016
    - Scott Franson wrote View Post
    I definitely loaded the wrong firmware version 1.9 and have now reloaded the correct file.
    I did an outdoor festival side stage this weekend and the system made an awful noise whenever I pushed it. At first I thought it was a horrible cymbal overloading the preamp but then realized it was also happening when I pushed the system and not a mixing issue and a speaker issue.....could this have been from the bad firmware file???
    Hi Scott,

Could you verify whether your iQs display the correct model name after the firmware update? This will be shown on the rear screen. (If an incorrect firmware was loaded, then that loudspeaker’s settings will be loaded instead.

Also the generator that was supposed to be there was not when I arrived ands never showed up so one of the vendors let us use his extra generator. I was told it was a 30 amp breaker (I have no idea of what I was actually getting) and I was running five iq12's, two iq15B's an xr18 and all backline gear off of it. Could this have been why I was getting the horrible noise???
    5x iQ12, 2xiQ15B, XR18 plus backline gear seems quite drastic for a single 30 amp breaker and doesn't leave much (if any) available headroom.

There are many things to factor in with regards to generators - here’s a nice article for reference written by our friend Craig Leerman over at PSW:

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/p...generators/P1/

This leads me to my next question, how much power do I need to run these speakers properly
    We publish the iQ's 1/8 power rating, and by factoring in your voltage you can calculate your specific power requirements.

Hope this helps.

Chase McKnight
    Manager, Solutions
    MUSIC Group
    MIDAS
  7. #17 by Tim Cullingworth on 10-06-2016
    I was recently wondering the same thing as I am running in a venue on Sunday where I may have to run my four IQ8 and two IB15b form a single 13A socket.

To check I set all the gains too 0db and played so normalized music throuth the system and used a mains power meter to measure the power usage.

First off just to say this was the first time I have ever had the system cranked all the way up and it is so LOUD.

So back to the power measurements. Two IQ8 came in at a maximum power draw of 200W. The total for two IQ8 and two IQ15b came in at 400W.

Now I'm not sure how this stacks up to the total power stated for the speakers of 2500W but there is obviously the difference between peak, RMS and music. But it allayed my fears of pushing a single socket to far and suddenly loosing all sound, though I might still try and spread the load over two sockets.
  8. #18 by Allen Ankney on 10-12-2016
    I can testify that we run 4 iQ8's and 2 iQ15B's on one dedicated 15amp outlet and have been doing so every sunday for about 10 months now. I attached a cheap amp meter to the socket and it showed <6 amps draw.
  9. #19 by Tommy M Hunt on 03-22-2018

I updated my 2 IQ12's with no issues to 1.9 but no luck with the IQ15's I also own

Anyone figure out how to update the firmware on the IQ15 to 1.9?

I had my IQ12's go to 1.9 with no issues
  10. #20 by Tommy M Hunt on 03-22-2018

Ok Fixed the error on the updating

Make sure to unplug the USB from the IQ15 before starting the SETUP POWERUP Firmware mode

If you have it plugged in unplug it power down and Windows will then update the driver for the Firmware EXE to run