Does X32 edit work with the latest Mac OSX Sierra update??

1. #1 by Darren Kell on 09-21-2016

Does X32 edit work with the latest Mac OSX Sierra update??

Anyone else struggling with Mac OSX Sierra ?? Updated my MacBook to Sierra last night and now I can't connect to my X32 Rack with X32 Edit ??? Is X32 edit not compatible with Sierra ??? HELP!!!
  2. #2 by Darren Kell on 09-22-2016
    Do NOT update to Sierra or buy a MacBook with Sierra fitted if you want to be able to use your Mac with the X32.......Sierra DOES NOT work with X32 Edit on Mac- even if its hardwired to the console.

Luckily I have an older machine that wasn't updated so I can use that. Mac OSX Sierra has been out in Developer and Beta forms for over 6 months now - and the Gold Master was released a month ago.....so come on Behringer......surely you can make the necessary tweaks and get an update released pretty soon??
  3. #3 by Sebastian Zierer on 09-22-2016
    I have X32-Edit 2.5 and 3.0 running on macOS Sierra and both versions connect fine to my X32 emulator running on my Win10 PC. So it's either something related to your mac, or my emulator is doing something differently. I can't test with a real X32 though.
  4. #4 by Jan Duwe on 09-23-2016
    - Darren Kell wrote View Post
    Do NOT update to Sierra or buy a MacBook with Sierra fitted if you want to be able to use your Mac with the X32.......Sierra DOES NOT work with X32 Edit on Mac- even if its hardwired to the console.....
    Dear Darren,
    We are not aware of any issues with running X32 EDIT 3.0 on Mac OSX 10.12, currently.
    It is performing flawless on our macOS Sierra systems. Please feel free to pm me with details about your specific system.
    Kind regards,
    Jan

5. #5 by Per Heldal on 09-23-2016
    I suspect OP may have an issue with firewall settings Sierra as this thread describe both failures and successes with the operating system. Try to disable the firewall in settings and see if that would make X32-Edit able to connect. If so it is just a question of adding an exception for X32-Edit in the firewalls configuration.
  6. #6 by Jay Alper on 09-23-2016
    Darren & Jan

I am in the same boat as Darren.

I upgraded to Sierra on my 2011 iMac and I can no longer connect to my X32 Compact (updated to firmware 3.0) via an Airport Express using X32 Edit. Note: On Sierra I can not connect using either X32-Edit version 3 or X32-Edit version 2.5. I used to be able to connect FLAWLESSLY using X32-Edit (version 3 and version 2.5) on El Capitan.

The funny thing is, that when I launch X32-Edit on Sierra, it apparently sees an incoming network connection and asks me if I want to allow it to connect (see Screen Shot 1). After I click on "Allow", it then, asks if I want to connect to the X32-C (showing the correct console name and IP address, see Screen Shot 2). I then click on "Connect". However, when click on the Setup button in the X32-Edit GUI, I can see that it is not actually connected (status says "disconnected", Screen Shot 3). And nothing changes if I click on the connect button or even if I manually type in the IP address and then click connect (Screen Shot 4). It still will not connect.

I hate to say the same holds true (at least for me) regarding the new X32-Mix (version 3) on iOS 10. I have an iPad Pro that I upgraded to iOS 10 and X32-Mix (v. 3) will no longer connect to my X32 Compact. Again, this worked flawlessly on iOS 9. (Luckily, I still have an iPad 3rd gen on iOS 9 and X32-Mix (v. 3), so I can connect to my X32-C with that.) There have been some reports of people having success with iOS 10 and X32-Mix v. 3, but I've had no luck.

Jan: I hope the screen shots and other info help. If you need any more info on my configuration (either Mac or iPad), please let me know. I (and I'm sure others) would like to get this working.

Thanks!

Jay

P.S. To Per: You responded as I was typing the above. I checked the firewall settings on my iMac and it says X32-Edit is set to "Allow incoming connections", so at least in my case, I don't think firewall permissions are the issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Jay Alper; 09-23-2016 at 09:03 AM.
  7. #7 by Robert Lofgren on 09-23-2016
    Ios10 on my ipad air2 has no issues.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  8. #8 by Florian Gerstenlauer on 09-23-2016
    Your Mac and X32 are in different sub nets.
    Make sure that they all have:
    192.168.x.y
    where x must be the same for all devices and y must be unique.
    Net mask should be 255.255.255.0 then.
  9. #9 by Darren Kell on 09-23-2016
    I have the same issues as Jay - I am using a MacBook Pro - the router that I use on the X32 Rack is an Apple Extreme - and it worked perfectly prior to Sierra update.

It "sees" the X32 in the connect screen - but when I click "Connect" nothing happens.

An older MacBook running the last OSX release works perfectly.

I have tried wirelessly - and also connecting a cable form the X32 directly to the router - same outcome.

I have turned off all security/firewall setting set on the MBP - so its not that.
  10. #10 by Per Heldal on 09-23-2016
    - Jay Alper wrote View Post
    Jan: I hope the screen shots and other info help. If you need any more info on my configuration (either Mac or iPad), please let me know. I (and I'm sure others) would like to get this working.

Jay,

The network-configuration from those screenshots make little sense. Netmasks are not show, but with addresses of 169.254.218.30 for the X32 and 10.0.1.2 for the mac you're screwed with the netmasks that are usual for those address-ranges unless you have a network with two separate subnets and a router in the middle.

It looks like the X32 is using a self-assigned address for peer2peer networking while the mac either has been assigned an address from a dhcp-server or is configured with a static address. This may happen if you power up the X32 before the LAN/WiFi-router and its built-in DHCP-server is ready. The X32 will, if it is configured to use DHCP, eventually discover the active DHCP-server and get a valid address, but this may take a minute or two.

Anyway, I think you have a job to sort out the network configuration first. In its simplest form of networking you connect the mac and X32 back2back and set static addresses. For example 10.0.1.2 for the mac and 10.0.1.3 for the X32 with a netmask of 255.255.255.0 on both.

Last edited by Per Heldal; 09-23-2016 at 09:45 AM.