Will a Behringer SD8 work with a Midas M32?

1. #1 by Tyler Riddle on 04-20-2016

Will a Behringer SD8 work with a Midas M32?

We need 8 more channels for our drums (we already have a Midas DL16 that is full). Will a Behringer SD8 function daisy chained off of the Midas DL16 AES50 Port B at 48 kHz?

With the powered UltraNet port for the drummer's p16, it seems like the perfect thing to alleviate our channel crunch.
  2. #2 by Craig Fowler on 04-21-2016
    Should be fine as long as everything is running the latest firmware. The preamps in the dl16 and sd8 are different though, as are their output stages, so you might notice a slight sonic difference between the two.
  3. #3 by Chase McKnight on 04-21-2016
    - Tyler Riddle wrote View Post
    We need 8 more channels for our drums (we already have a Midas DL16 that is full). Will a Behringer SD8 function daisy chained off of the Midas DL16 AES50 Port B at 48 kHz?

With the powered UltraNet port for the drummer's p16, it seems like the perfect thing to alleviate our channel crunch.
    Hi Tyler,

Welcome to the forum. Yep - the SD8 is fully compatible with the M32 series and will work just as expected.

Chase McKnight
    Manager, Solutions
    MUSIC Group
    MIDAS
  4. #4 by Joern Langhoff on 03-09-2017
    I hope ... Midas is making a real Midas version of it ...... I could really use it for my M32
  5. #5 by Steve Schow on 07-02-2018
    I just bought an SD8 for my M32R, and definitely if Midas released a similar Stagebox but the higher quality pre's I will buy it instantly. The SD8 will work fine for now though. In particular I like the SD8's because of two reasons, one I can spread them around the studio or stage a little better and two, they have the combo jacks which are extremely helpful in the studio and somewhat helpful live too.
  6. #6 by Paul Vannatto on 07-02-2018
    Glad to hear that they met your expectations Steve. I've been waiting for an M32 Rack - still waiting...

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  7. #7 by Ryan Finch on 07-04-2018
    I would love a midas rack, but at this point with speculative new products on the horizon and already having the m32r, I'm wondering if either the Blue or Black boxes will be compatible with them for something down the road. However, if Midas made an 8 channel box, I'd very likely snag one immediately. You could track 31 inputs if needed (using talk back) and assuming one uses a figure 8 for mid side (which I often do for room mics anyway) there's your 32.