iP2000 Input Audio Settings

1. #1 by John Sutherland on 04-19-2016

iP2000 Input Audio Settings

We just bought two iP2000 but there is not much information on operation. We are feeding them from a Behringer XR18, our question is: What levels do you set the iP2000 inputs at?

We are running in stereo using one unit on the left using input A and the other unit on the right side into input B on that unit. What level should the input on the iP2000's be set at. When we send 0db signal from the console (nominal) to the iP2000's and set inputs "A" and "B" to to nominal (led's moving about 3/4 level) we get noise and hiss and have to turn the master volume on the iP2000's down. If we turn the input levels down to about 1/4 (the led's hitting at 1bar) and the master volume up it is quite but low volume. What is the optimum balance between the A / B input volume and the overall master volume on the iP2000's. should the input led's be pushing towards red line or staying at about one bar. (We currently run input "A" up and input "B" down on the left side and opposite on the right side, "A" down and "B" up for stereo).

Basically what are the best levels between the input stage and the power amp. When using two units in stereo should the unused input on each unit be turned off, it seems the input NOT getting signal is noisier the the input being feed signal. ALSO, it would be nice to have a numerical readout on the inputs in the Bluetooth app as it a guess between the left and right side input "A" and "B". the master volume has a numerical reading in the center of the virtual knob.

Whew, I must say we love the system and the quality of sound, I recommend them to anyone in a small to medium size venue. We use them for classic rock, blues at a decent volume.
  2. #2 by John Sutherland on 04-26-2016
    - John Sutherland wrote View Post
    We just bought two iP2000 but there is not much information on operation. We are feeding them from a Behringer XR18, our question is: What levels do you set the iP2000 inputs at?

We are running in stereo using one unit on the left using input A and the other unit on the right side into input B on that unit. What level should the input on the iP2000's be set at. When we send 0db signal from the console (nominal) to the iP2000's and set inputs "A" and "B" to to nominal (led's moving about 3/4 level) we get noise and hiss and have to turn the master volume on the iP2000's down. If we turn the input levels down to about 1/4 (the led's hitting at 1bar) and the master volume up it is quite but low volume. What is the optimum balance between the A / B input volume and the overall master volume on the iP2000's. should the input led's be pushing towards red line or staying at about one bar. (We currently run input "A" up and input "B" down on the left side and opposite on the right side, "A" down and "B" up for stereo).

Basically what are the best levels between the input stage and the power amp. When using two units in stereo should the unused input on each unit be turned off, it seems the input NOT getting signal is noisier the the input being feed signal. ALSO, it would be nice to have a numerical readout on the inputs in the Bluetooth app as it a guess between the left and right side input "A" and "B". the master volume has a numerical reading in the center of the virtual knob.

Whew, I must say we love the system and the quality of sound, I recommend them to anyone in a small to medium size venue. We use them for classic rock, blues at a decent volume.
    Never mind I found the input level LED's, there is no mention of them in the manual however. How that main feature was left out is beyond me...
  3. #3 by Roy Evans on 08-08-2016
    Hi John

Where are these input level LEDs? I'm looking for them also.

Thanks in advance.

Roy
  4. #4 by Joseph Palestina on 09-04-2016

Input levels

My set up is an XR18 and 2 ip200's. I set the ip2000 Input level to 0db. This allows for the most dynamic range and plenty of headroom. Generally the input LED's read between 2-4 segments. his has a lot to do with the signal coming from the audio source. I mix with a relatively high individual channel gain structure and somewhat conservative everywhere else. Not unbalanced, just on the conservative side. If you have a hiss, something else is wrong. I would try muting channels until you find the culprit and work from there.
  5. #5 by Merle Sensenig on 03-31-2018

Setup for 2 IP2000's and XR18.

[U][Not sure where to ask this, so will start here. I just got my 2nd IP2000. I followed the instructions on the link below to setup them up master/slave. Great, but when I turn them off, neither one comes back up as either. I have to pair one again, then go thru the master/slave setup. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? /U]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=186gOqm5N0w
  6. #6 by Freddie Garcia on 04-02-2018
    - Merle Sensenig wrote View Post
    [U][Not sure where to ask this, so will start here. I just got my 2nd IP2000. I followed the instructions on the link below to setup them up master/slave. Great, but when I turn them off, neither one comes back up as either. I have to pair one again, then go thru the master/slave setup. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? /U]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=186gOqm5N0w
    I redo the pairing every time. It's a little annoying, but it's better than not having remote access. Whichever speaker you pair first becomes the master so I suggest pairing the left one first. I also make sure to view the gains on each inputs for both speakers to ensure they are equal because for some reason sometimes they change after the last power down - a possible bug.

I was hoping to see an android version of the remote app since it was stated previously on Facebook that they were working on it, but it's been soo long now that I don't think it is coming which is unfortunate.