Firmware 2.14 problems

1. #11 by David Sampson on 02-19-2016

Tap Point

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your advice RE tap point, will most certainly check it out on Sunday.
  2. #12 by Kevin Maxwell on 02-19-2016
    I decided to send you 2 versions a simple one and a complicated one since I had already written all about the complicated one and configured it.

Common to both versions.
    I fixed a bunch of what to me seemed like mistakes in the routing. Like one of the monitor mixes also going out to your house speakers. I also setup 4 Mute Groups. #1 kills everything, this is a safety in case something goes wrong and you have no idea what it is and you just need to kill all inputs and outputs quickly. #2 is the vocal mics Channels 1-7 and 14. #3 is all instruments except the drums. #4 is the Drums. The mute behavior is changeable in “SETUP”/”config”. You will see a section labeled “Mute System”. I am pretty sure that these settings don’t get saved with the scenes so you will have to configure that manually. I like to select “Hard Mutes” this way when you mute a channel and then mute and unmute using the mute groups it leaves the channel mutes how you had it, instead of automatically unmuting it with the mute groups. The “DCA Groups” muting if selected will change the behavior of the mute button when on the DAC section. If selected and you mute a DCA it will not only mute the channels post fader sends it will also mute the pre-fader sends. So depending on how you want things to work you can change those settings.

I think you need to look carefully or maybe I should say you should listen carefully to the effects I think you have too much drums going to effects it is likely just going to muddy things up.

I inserted graphic EQs in the effects rack on your 1-4 mix bus sends so you can EQ your monitors. I also inserted a stereo Graphic EQ on Matrix 1&2 so you can tune up the system if you want to. I didn’t change any of the output routing so the 4 Matrix sends should still show up at the same physical connectors.

I would suggest that you don’t just load this and try and do a service. You need to get in and play with it a little bit and even do a rehearsal. I would suggest that you start with the monitor Mix Bus 1-4 muted and Matrix 1-4 muted and then play with the levels in the board before you unmute the outputs. Then play with playback (in the house speakers only), mute everything else. Get to where you know what is controlling what. Bring the playback up in the monitors and see what kind of level you have. Then you can try adding in the other mics. If everyone just shows up and expects you to have a mix together you will get extremely frustrated and make mistakes, unless you are a pro and are used to doing this kind of thing under pressure. Try to build it up a little bit at a time. If you can’t do this before your Sunday service you might want to wait to use the changes I made.

Simple version.
    The simple version has all channels going to the Left and Right Master and you can control (Sort of submix) those channels with the DCA’s. The Sub-woofer is routed to the Mono Bus.

Complicated version.
    I have made some changes to you scene. It is not a simple configuration but I followed what I felt was the methodology that seemed to be used to set it up already.

I have it set so that the channels go to the Mix Bus and then to the Matrix outs to feed your House speakers and your Subs.

I inserted graphic EQs in the effects rack so if you want to tune some of the feeds and some of the Mix Bus. I put them on you 1-4 mix bus sends so you can EQ your monitors. I put one on the Vocal mics Mix Bus 5 and one on Mix Bus 6. I changed those 2 Mix Bus feeds so they aren’t linked anymore. I didn’t see a practical reason the have you vocals in stereo.

Not a lot has really changed so let’s review. Mix Bus 1-4 are your monitors. Mix Bus 5 is your vocal mics 1-7 and 14. Mix Bus 6 is your wireless belt pack. Mix Bus 7/8 are your instruments. Mix Bus 9/10 are your drums. Mix Bus 11 is for your subwoofer content. Mix Bus 12 is your effects returns, this is needed to get the effects into the house system since you can’t route a channel directly to the Matrix.

I made is so the only things going to the main L/R are the Playback sources like Aux 5/6 and 7/8. And then that routs to the Matrix feeds. The Subwoofer feed from the channels is on Mix Bus11 and that routs to Matrix 3&4 how you had it set. Anything that you want to send to the subwoofer just needs to be sent to Mix Bus11 I have the Bass and the Kick and the Playback up to that already. You will need to play with the levels on all of these things I didn’t want to bring things up to the point where they would feedback so I brought the DCA’s down a bit.

I will try to attach both scenes in the next post. I need to delete an old attachment to make space to upload them.

I hope this helps you if you need any clarification let me know.
  3. #13 by Kevin Maxwell on 02-19-2016
    I am sorry I just discovered that I can no longer clean out any of my attachments (something changed in the website) and I have run out of the allotted room to upload any more. If you PM me your email address I will send them to you directly.
  4. #14 by Kevin Maxwell on 02-19-2016
    I figured out how to delete an older attachment. So now I should have enough room to upload the scenes.

13-Dave Complicated.scn14-Dave Simple ver.scn
  5. #15 by David Sampson on 02-20-2016

Set up & Routing

Hi Kevin,

Your input has been most educational and helpful, I will download the scenes you created and will be trying them out tomorrow morning (Sunday the 21Feb) before church service. Since I don't have too much time to "play" with the system, I'll go for the simple set-up tomorrow, after I have re-installed the latest firmware. I will give you feedback after the service.

Thanks again for taking the time to assist me, I Love the Behringer Music group family.

Much Blessings

David
  6. #16 by Kevin Maxwell on 02-21-2016
    - David Sampson wrote View Post
    Hi Kevin,

Your input has been most educational and helpful, I will download the scenes you created and will be trying them out tomorrow morning (Sunday the 21Feb) before church service. Since I don't have too much time to "play" with the system, I'll go for the simple set-up tomorrow, after I have re-installed the latest firmware. I will give you feedback after the service.

Thanks again for taking the time to assist me, I Love the Behringer Music group family.

Much Blessings

David
    Did it work for you?
  7. #17 by David Sampson on 02-23-2016

Set-up

Hi Kevin,

Apologies for taking so long to respond, I owe you a debt of gratitude, I loaded your scene after initialising the console and re-loading the firmware, everything worked well. There was a bit of confusion w.r.t. the output to the subs but it will be sorted out for the next service.

Thanks again for taking the time to assist me, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards

David Sampson
  8. #18 by Kevin Maxwell on 02-23-2016
    - David Sampson wrote View Post
    Hi Kevin,

Apologies for taking so long to respond, I owe you a debt of gratitude, I loaded your scene after initialising the console and re-loading the firmware, everything worked well. There was a bit of confusion w.r.t. the output to the subs but it will be sorted out for the next service.

Thanks again for taking the time to assist me, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards

David Sampson
    I am glad we were able to help you. I assume that you understand the Sub routing now. If you need any more help let us know.