PDA

View Full Version : Properly hooking up a sub woofer with speakers on a PMP1680s

Angelo Bellavia
02-14-2014, 03:21 PM
I have a PMP1680s and I would like to hookup subwoofers along with my speakers. How do I hook them up properly so that the high signal is going to the speakers and the low signal is going to the sub woofers?

Paul Vannatto
02-14-2014, 05:36 PM
To correctly do that, you need to connect a crossover between the mixer and the amp. But since the PMP1680 is both, that is not an option. The only thing I can think of is to use the two EQ's and reduce the lower freq on the one side for the upper speakers and lower the upper freq for the sub side. That isn't ideal but it may help.

The other thing to consider is looking into getting a powered sub that has the crossover built into it. That is what I have.

Paul

Angelo Bellavia
02-14-2014, 06:02 PM
I was looking on your site and you have something called a EUROLIVE Passive Subwoofer that has a stereo crossover. Could I chain my two speakers on each side above a pair of these subwoofers?

Paul Vannatto
02-14-2014, 06:23 PM
It is probably doable. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with Behringer speakers/subs, since I use a different brand from California. So I'm not sure how much quality advice I can give with specific sub models. And I'm an X32 user.

Paul

Angelo Bellavia
02-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Is there someone that can respond or I can contact that can give me some pointers if I go that route?