PDA

View Full Version : nu6000DSP Clip led

Nel
10-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Hello guys

I recently bought myself a new nu6000DSP, i must say i like it. its super-light, and runs cool all night.
Now my scenario. i have 1 JBL MRX528 Sub woofer (4ohm) that i bought the nu6000DSP for. i hooked it up on channel A. set limiter threshold at -9.5db (i really don't know why i chose that). now when i feed the amp with a signal, the clip led pops up. this gets me really worried and frustrated because i don't know if the led means the system is clipping and might possibly fry the speaker or if it means the limiter is engaged and protecting the speaker (like it does on my DCX2496). i didn't get the punch i wanted so i turned up the knob till i feel satisfied with the bass even though i was scared for the sub. i once fried 2 B1800X on EP2500, i don't want that happen to me again

that being said, what would you recommend i setup the limiter to, or how would i know if i'm running close to the line.

Michael.Maeurer
10-10-2012, 05:07 AM
If you have a look into the user manual you will see that the red LEDs are LIMIT LEDs, not CLIP. So it just shows you that the limiter starts to work.

http://www.behringer.com/assets/NU6000DSP_P0AEO_M_EN.pdf

Greetz,

Michael

Mykk
10-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Perhaps that limiter is set to conservatively.

When I open up the Remote connect and plug in -9.5 in the limiter, on a 4ohm load it says 140.3 w. 8ohm load is 70w.

Try setting the limiter closer to zero. I run mine at -1.3 in my bass guitar rig

Nel
10-10-2012, 10:10 AM
So what you are saying is that the bigger and better picture is on the remote control software?

Nel
10-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Michael.Maeurer wrote:
> If you have a look into the user manual you will see that the red LEDs are
> LIMIT LEDs, not CLIP. So it just shows you that the limiter starts to work.
>
>
> http://www.behringer.com/assets/NU6000DSP_P0AEO_M_EN.pdf
>
> Greetz,
>
> Michael

but if you check it also says to reduce input gain when the LIMIT LED lights up continuously, that means danger, doesn't it?

Mykk
10-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Mr Knobs wrote:
> So what you are saying is that the bigger and better picture is on the
> remote control software?

I couldn't even imagine trying to navigate the controls through the DSP display. I need to use the software on my laptop connected via USB.

However, in my case I have a 'set it & forget it' outlook. All of my tone shaping is done with a tube pre-amp.

Nel
10-12-2012, 04:00 AM
Thanks a lot. I will try it
1 last question: do I need the laptop connected to amp all the time or I can setup and unplug the usb cable, use laptop for another job?