PDA

View Full Version : X-Touch Compact Problem with Nuendo

Miguel Campos
07-10-2018, 07:46 AM
Hello all,

After setting up and learning how to use the XR18, today I unpacked X-Touch Compact with the goal of controlling Nuendo, plugins and continuous CC's. I already got into trouble...:/
I set Mackie Control with X-touch Compact as IN and Out on Device Setup.
Firstly, fader number 4 keeps moving to somewhat level -10 and pulsing up slightly at a regular motion. It keeps doing this when ever I turn the unit into MC mode.

Secondly, I don't have the slightest idea of how to use the editor to change/set the various parts of the controller. Is there any step-by-step manual or tutorial. The how-to videos seem to miss important steps and they usually assume people already know something about the gear.

I am new to Behringer and that is my only down point so far: the how to videos and manuals arre not pedagogical enough.

Please help. Thank you

Miguel Campos
07-10-2018, 07:53 AM
By the way....I have a M-Audio 88 keystation keyboard connected to the X-Touch Compact and I noticed the Pitch Wheel on the keyboard is the one making fader 4 move to the middle position. any ideas?
How could I connect XR18, X-Touch Compact and the Keyboard controller to work with my DAW?
If I connect the Keyboard to XR18, I have to change the MIDI input on my DAW, right?

Thank you

Kevin Maxwell
07-10-2018, 09:40 AM
It sounds like you have the X-Touch Compact (XTC) set to the same Midi channel as your keyboard. I use the XTC as a fader expansion wing for a Midas M32 so I am not experienced with what you are trying to do. I am also leaving now for a show so I don't have the time to hook up the XTC to more precisely answer how to change the Midi channel. I have done it before but I don't remember exactly how. I am sure if you hook up the XTC via the USB to your computer (Windows PC) you will see what you can change on the XTC.

Miguel Campos
07-10-2018, 03:25 PM
Thank you so much Kevin. I am slowly trying to figure out the problem, however, I am having all kinds of surprises. I was trying to get the buttons on the right assigned to some CC's and I can't find a way. Also I can't find a way of controlling more than 8 tracks. There's all kinds of questions.
Also, when I open a VST viola instrument and try to control it with the Modulation CC1 and CC07 (Volume) I try to move fader 2 and it changes both volume and pitch! This is weird and I hope I am not getting myself into a hole, because I cannot afford to spend ages solving mysteries without a proper step-by-step manual..... for example, the X-Touch Editor keeps showing me a NI Organ preset in the lower right corner: why? I saved a preset of my own....

Please help, someone.

Thanks

Miguel Campos
07-10-2018, 04:00 PM
I was watching Phil's how-to video on the functionality with Logic and I wish there was a video on the Editor too... Let's see if I get this......uff! Any help is appreciated on the procedures of X-touch compact Editor.

Thanks