PDA

View Full Version : how to page through parameters?

Wes Folkerth
11-11-2017, 08:52 AM
Hi there, just got an X-Touch Compact and was wondering how to page through parameters on the EQ, Plugin, Instrument functions. How do I access beyond the first 8 parameters? On the EQ all I get are the high pass and low shelf. Is that all we get in MC mode?

Watching Phil on the Compact with Logic video he is changing one of the parametric bands, but he doesn't show how to access those bands in the first place.

Thanks for any help!

Also -- is it possible to switch out of MC mode without rebooting the machine?

Wes Folkerth
11-16-2017, 07:23 AM
Quick update - I have discovered that, by choosing the EQ plugin in the PLUGIN mode, you can access the Level of each of the frequency bands, but you cannot change the Frequency or Q for each of the bands, unless there is some modifier key not available on the X-Touch Compact.

In the EQ mode you can access all parameters for the first two bands (low rolloff and shelf), but you cannot page to the other bands.

In PLUGIN mode you can adjust the Level of the each band, but you cannot change the Frequency or Q for them.

There may be some way of doing this by adjusting Control Surface preferences within Logic. Still researching this.