PDA

View Full Version : X-Touch Compact looses connection to M32 edit, Live sound.

Mikael Flensborg
05-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Hi!
I use the X-Touch compact to control an M32 during live shows on tour.
Sadly, the last two shows the controller became unresponsive mid show! Suddenly the controller doesn't control anything. The editor was unresponsive to both faders and knobs, and I couldn't even change banks. The settings on the M32 showed everything was OK.
The setup is as follows:
- M32 C on stage with a gigabit switch
- Cat5 from stage switch to Front of House switch
- Switch to a PC via ethernet.
- USB from PC to controller.

I had no problems in the beginning of the shows, everything was smooth, and the suddenly I realised that my faders on the controller weren't doing anything on either the PC nor the Ipad.
Both Ipad and PC worked just fine, the controller was in MC and the midi I/O indicators lid up when using the controller. But it doesn't control anything!
Both M32 and X-Touch Compact are firmware updated.

Any Ideas?
Cheers!
Mikael Flensborg, sound engineer.

Kevin Maxwell
05-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Hi!
I use the X-Touch compact to control an M32 during live shows on tour.
Sadly, the last two shows the controller became unresponsive mid show! Suddenly the controller doesn't control anything. The editor was unresponsive to both faders and knobs, and I couldn't even change banks. The settings on the M32 showed everything was OK.
The setup is as follows:
- M32 C on stage with a gigabit switch
- Cat5 from stage switch to Front of House switch
- Switch to a PC via ethernet.
- USB from PC to controller.

I had no problems in the beginning of the shows, everything was smooth, and the suddenly I realised that my faders on the controller weren't doing anything on either the PC nor the Ipad.
Both Ipad and PC worked just fine, the controller was in MC and the midi I/O indicators lid up when using the controller. But it doesn't control anything!
Both M32 and X-Touch Compact are firmware updated.

Any Ideas?
Cheers!
Mikael Flensborg, sound engineer.

Are you using a windows based PC if yes what Operating System?

Mikael Flensborg
05-06-2017, 04:30 AM
It's Windows 7 on a small Acer laptop.
The M32 Editor is still online although the controller isn't.

Kevin Maxwell
05-06-2017, 07:53 AM
It's Windows 7 on a small Acer laptop.
The M32 Editor is still online although the controller isn't.

I use an X-Touch Compact (XTC) but not in the same configuration that you are using it. I do use a computer running a software program for musical theater and I have discovered that due to windows doing some unexpected things with the IP address (if in dynamic mode) for me it is best to use a static IP address configuration and also use an ARP table that defines in the computer what static IP addresses are in use in the system. Now this may not be your problem but the fact that you lose connectivity in the middle of the show makes me suspect this. Everything else in your setup may work fine with a reassigned address mid show and is able to resync but maybe the XTC internally doesnít like it. There isnít a way to change this in the XTC (IP address or however it is internally set to communicate over the USB) but it may be affected by a change in the network setup mid show. I am not an expert on this just taking an educated guess. Also if your gigabit switch is the type that has energy saving features in it you should really turn that feature off if you can.