PDA

View Full Version : Assigning CC messages to two parameters.

Adam Bielewicz
03-02-2017, 12:38 AM
Hi,

My friend's rig is based on Ableton Live that he uses to multitrack recording of external synths. One of the most important functions is the ability to assign one button feeding CC messages to two parameters, so that engaging one simultaneously disengages the other.

If you were so kind to take a look at the movie clip called "Korg", you'll see how it works using a Korg controller. The movie clip "Behringer" clearly shows how the Touch Compact double fires or disengages with exactly similar setup.

I'm also enclosing a jpg (called CC) showing how the Touch Compact is set up.

Please download the files from this link, as they are larger than 5 MBs.
http://www.megafileupload.com/2M69x/Behringer.zip

Thanks.

*Parameters. Is there a way to edit the topic? ;-)

Kevin Maxwell
03-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Hi,

My friend's rig is based on Ableton Live that he uses to multitrack recording of external synths. One of the most important functions is the ability to assign one button feeding CC messages to two parameters, so that engaging one simultaneously disengages the other.

If you were so kind to take a look at the movie clip called "Korg", you'll see how it works using a Korg controller. The movie clip "Behringer" clearly shows how the Touch Compact double fires or disengages with exactly similar setup.

I'm also enclosing a jpg (called CC) showing how the Touch Compact is set up.

Please download the files from this link, as they are larger than 5 MBs.
http://www.megafileupload.com/2M69x/Behringer.zip

Thanks.

*Parameters. Is there a way to edit the topic? ;-)

I didnít download your file. If you have pictures you want people to see please reduce the size and resolution of them and just up load them here.

I donít know Ableton at all. When you say you need 2 parameters can you explain exactly what those 2 parameters are? Are you aware that on the XTC when a button is set to momentary mode you get the Midi message at the max value with the push of the button and the min value with the release of the button. If you set it to toggle you get the Midi message at the release of the button, max value on one push and min value on the next push, or should I have said release. How much control do you have in Abelton to react to the Midi message it gets? If you can setup Abelton to toggle the 2 things on one push and toggle them back on the other push you might be able to achieve what you are trying to do.

Adam Bielewicz
03-03-2017, 12:15 AM
I didnít download your file. If you have pictures you want people to see please reduce the size and resolution of them and just up load them here.

Kevin, thanks for taking your time to respond, but I have movie clips uploaded as well.
It takes 1 minute do download all 3 files.

Adam