PDA

View Full Version : X-Touch compact and X32 rack

Fabrice Monpoux
04-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Hi,

I wonder if i can control my brand new X32-rack with a X-Touch compact.
I saw on youtube that:
1- the classical X-Touch can do it
2-the old BCF2000 can do it whether by USB or MIDI

What's about the X-Touch compact

Thanks for your replies

Sincerely

Fabrice

Kevin Maxwell
04-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Hi,

I wonder if i can control my brand new X32-rack with a X-Touch compact.
I saw on youtube that:
1- the classical X-Touch can do it
2-the old BCF2000 can do it whether by USB or MIDI

What's about the X-Touch compact

Thanks for your replies

Sincerely

Fabrice

The X-Touch Compact should be able to control all of the things on the X32 rack as it can on the X32. All of the things that have midi capabilities enabled on the X32 devices. The Faders, Mutes, Pan, Mute Groups, and recalling Scenes, Cues, and Snippets.

If there is anymore that it can do at the moment I am not aware of it.

Per Heldal
04-11-2016, 02:53 AM
it is not so many devices that can communicate directly with the console yet, but any device than can communicate with a computer to manipulate the X32-edit-application can indirectly function as as controlling device for the X32.

Sam Spoons
05-21-2016, 02:52 AM
I believe the X-Touch Compact can control an X32 mixer directly via USB (somebody correct me if I'm wrong please). The full X-Touch does not yet have that facility but, like the BCF2000, can control X-Edit on a computer and thus control an X-32 indirectly.

If either can control X-32 Mix on an iPad via the camera connection kit USB that would be my ideal scenario as it would work as a wifi control surface but with physical faders.

The BCF is a bit flakey though (or the best I could achieve was not so good) and the motorised faders are truly horrible......